• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is a 260 a good pft going into OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki

Sorry to hear about the tendonitis. I am not much of a runner, but am capable of running fast if needed. I don't actually run.I jog :(. After I went through basic training I was fine, but during my Job training I got really bad shin splints cause I went nuts running. Ouchies. Thanks for the advice. and yes, track are boring!!

Franny

so what did your pft end up being Nikki? I was able to get a 285... though i was really training for the 300. Oh well.

Nikki

Well, we only do a 2 mile run in the airforce and we do pushups and situps so I don't have a score. I ran 2 miles in 13:20, did 92 situps in 2 minutes and 64 pushups in 2 minutes. I did way more than I had to do at least. In the AF as long as u pass it doesn't matter unless u are pararescue, combat control etc...good job on your pft. I am thinking on a three mile run, at the rate I was going It would have been about a 22:00 run for the 3 mile, so I want to get it down to 21:00.

Franny

Right on.. a minute is nothing... remmber.. it's all mental! or most of it is. I am really working toward a 21:00 or under as well. I haven't ran any hill work.. so maybe that will give me an edge. Good Luck to you! I hope to see you in the Corps!

farkle84

21:00 is a good 3 mile time. i went into OCS with that time. i ended up running a 19:30 at the end. so it will come down, even though you will be dog tired by the last PFT. good luck

1239er

Can anybody be more specific about the pull ups and crunches? If im not mistaken the crunches require feet flat on the ground and your elbows must touch. Are the pull-ups overhand(palms down) or underhand(palms up)? And how far up do you need to go?

Nikki

While doing crunches, you must keep feet flat on the ground and curl up untill your elbows touch your thighs. Your arms are place as low to the stomach as possible. Pullups are done either way palms up or down.

1239er

Will somebody give me a little bit of specifics about pft? Crunches: Elbows touch legs? Feet flat on the ground? In the air? Hands locked behind head/neck? Pull ups: Overhand? Underhand? Chin COMPLETELY above the bar? How far apart is the grip?
Thanks

Nikki

Okay, crunches arms across chest or belly touch legs. feet flat on ground. pullups over or under hand. chin above bar.. hand width is ur own choice..

Status
Not open for further replies.