• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iran

IwannabeaPHROGdvr69

pilot
Iran attacks our embassy... and we’re expected not to respond? Pres Obama offered the olive branch several times and it was almost always rebuffed. Yes this has been back and forth but time after time Iran/Iran proxies have killed Americans and we respond by saying that we will respond with “force” and almost never do, going back to the attack on the Beruit barracks. Sadly, Iran only seems to be checked with force, not empty threats.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Iran attacks our embassy... and we’re expected not to respond? Pres Obama offered the olive branch several times and it was almost always rebuffed. Yes this has been back and forth but time after time Iran/Iran proxies have killed Americans and we respond by saying that we will respond with “force” and almost never do, going back to the attack on the Beruit barracks. Sadly, Iran only seems to be checked with force, not empty threats.
Except in the late 80s. My favori part of the article...

"After U.S. warships bombarded the Sirri base (located on an oil platform) and set it ablaze, a UH-60 helicopter with a SEAL platoon flew toward the platform but was unable to get close enough because of the roaring fire. Secondary explosions soon wrecked the platform"

Good job on the Gipper's part.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Holy shit...the Jack Ryan Season 1 bad guy was Suleiman. Was that foretelling? Coincidence? Maybe? Maybe not....I'll let you decide. Truth is stranger than fiction.
Does that mean Venezuela is about to be saved, too? Because that needs to happen. #season2

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Yep. He's done a lot of "good work" for Iran ever since the revolution, a lot of amazing stuff for one person to accomplish. I use the term "good work" in the abstract sense, I mean in the sense of him serving his country and what his country wants, not in the sense of what we think of as being one of the good guys or the bad guys or what the United States wants or what the "West" wants. Some of it is common knowledge/widely known (known to anyone who's willing to do some open source research), what we've already talked about on this thread for example. Some of the stuff that was immediately post-9/11 is a chapter in "you can't make this stuff up" in the gray world where the Foreign Service/DoS, our national intelligence apparatus, and military overlap. I think there's a lot more of it that we're going to gradually learn about in the next several years and decades.

When you study the Shah's Iran (or South Vietnam in the 1950s and 1960s, or...) then it starts to makes sense where larger than life characters like this guy come from. It'll still leave you scratching your head though.

As for him being one of the good guys or the bad guys and which things he did were good and which ones were evil, if you believe in western values and things like Israel's right to exist, then...

HuggyU2

None
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/soleimani-colin-kaepernick-us-terrorist-attacks-black-brown-people

"There is nothing new about American terrorist attacks against Black and Brown people for the expansion of American imperialism," Kaepernick tweeted.

Now that the NFL has "moved on" from him, maybe he can get back in to the books that he never really did during college.

Iran: guess what, Colin? That country is made up of people that are ethnically Persians. You want to put them in to a "racial" context? They would be Caucasians, you racist.

Farsi: the language of these Persian people. It's an Indo-European language from the same linguistic family as... you guessed it... English.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ironically, “Iran” comes from the same root as “Aryan.” In the 19th and early 20th centuries, “Aryan” peoples meant peoples who spoke Indo-Iranian languages, before the eugenicists and racist nutjobs hijacked the term later.

They misinterpreted some old texts, and warped the meaning of “Aryan” into the beginnings of the belief system that later gave us the Nazis.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/soleimani-colin-kaepernick-us-terrorist-attacks-black-brown-people

"There is nothing new about American terrorist attacks against Black and Brown people for the expansion of American imperialism," Kaepernick tweeted.

Now that the NFL has "moved on" from him, maybe he can get back in to the books that he never really did during college.

Iran: guess what, Colin? That country is made up of people that are ethnically Persians. You want to put them in to a "racial" context? They would be Caucasians, you racist.

Farsi: the language of these Persian people. It's an Indo-European language from the same linguistic family as... you guessed it... English.
So Colin ignores the history of Ottoman Empire (Lead by Suleiman the Magnificent!).

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I’m pretty sure it doesn’t matter which COA Trump chose, he would have been wrong by democrats and the media. I also wouldn’t be surprised if this leak about a throwaway COA is just a partisan cry baby on the staff that had an opportunity and took it.

And if it was intended to be a garbage throwaway COA, whoever made it failed miserably ?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor