• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intel Board - December 2nd

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
I've been active for almost 6 years and my Bachelor's is in History. I am working on my Master's right now in Human Resources. I know that in the OPNAV 1420/1b that history degrees are preferred but I'm not so sure. I'm an LS and wanted to go Supply but the Supply community wouldn't give me an age waiver because my degree is in history and not business or STEM. What's yours in?
My Degree is in Computer Information Systems... I just turned 32 years old two days ago, so IDC is the only community I qualify for as far as my age regarding OCS... I was initially attempting to go in the Supply Corps also, but March of this year the instruction changed stating an applicant must be commissioned by there 31st birthday with waiver and prior enlisted. Initially the instruction said 35 years old for prior service. So IDC is all I can count on when it comes to a commission. Next options would LDO/CWO, but I'm hoping for OCS...

My Degree is in Computer Information Systems... I just turned 32 years old two days ago, so IDC is the only community I qualify for as far as my age regarding OCS... I was initially attempting to go in the Supply Corps also, but March of this year the instruction changed stating an applicant must be commissioned by there 31st birthday with waiver and prior enlisted. Initially the instruction said 35 years old for prior service. So IDC is all I can count on when it comes to a commission. Next options would LDO/CWO, but I'm hoping for OCS...

Oh wow, I didn't even know that. Well Computer Information Systems seems like a relevant degree for IDC. I don't know if you know who NavyOffRec is on here but he seems VERY knowledgeable. He said that priors and active are desirable to the Intel community. If that's true, you probably have a really good chance.

JoJoGoHard

Oh wow, I didn't even know that. Well Computer Information Systems seems like a relevant degree for IDC. I don't know if you know who NavyOffRec is on here but he seems VERY knowledgeable. He said that priors and active are desirable to the Intel community. If that's true, you probably have a really good chance.
I'm going to remain humbled and grounded in the mean time... I like my chances, but definitely do not want to get ahead of myself... I've had previous conversations with NavyOffRec and he has been transparent that the IDC boards prefer active duty with technical degrees... I will keep my fingers crossed and continue to wish everyone submitting a package the best of luck.

I'm going to remain humbled and grounded in the mean time... I like my chances, but definitely do not want to get ahead of myself... I've had previous conversations with NavyOffRec and he has been transparent that the IDC boards prefer active duty with technical degrees... I will keep my fingers crossed and continue to wish everyone submitting a package the best of luck.

Sounds like a good idea; I'll do the same. Best of luck to you. Hopefully RUFiO can provide some more info as he gets it. I'll be watching this thread in case he does.

exNavyOffRec

It is hard to predict with IDC but you do have all the right things, not to mention a badass looking picture!

exNavyOffRec

Rufio181, I hate to get involved in the "numbers" game, but to your best knowledge what would you "estimate" the remainder of FY14 quotas to be for the upcoming December 2nd IDC boards??? Total number to include all SWO-Options, IP, IW, INTEL, OCEANO... Just curious....

I can give you averages from previous years and they have remained fairly constant over the years give or take a few.

SWO option total for each year 15
Intel 50
IW 35
IP 3

Remember these are billets allocated to be filled by NRC, what this means is if a person goes to NRC as an aviator but is found to be NPQ for aviation and then is redesignated something IDC that then fills one of the spots NRC is supposed to fill.

CTFly1

I will be up for IW/Intel.

Shout out to Bahrain! (port calls there a few times and a bunch of friends stationed there now)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I can give you averages from previous years and they have remained fairly constant over the years give or take a few.

Intel 50
IW 35
IP 3

Remember these are billets allocated to be filled by NRC, what this means is if a person goes to NRC as an aviator but is found to be NPQ for aviation and then is redesignated something IDC that then fills one of the spots NRC is supposed to fill.

That is fairly similar to what FY14 has to offer.

dhtrumpet

Does anyone know if active duty can email their package from a personal email and not their .mil email? Also, due to multiple degrees and transcripts and needing to scan at a high-enough resolution for the degree to be readable, my file is very large. Pushing 10MB. The computers at my command don't have Adobe Pro. Any suggestions on compressing the PDF to make it smaller? Are the free online programs for doing that secure?

JoJoGoHard

Intel 50
IW 35
IP 3

Correct me if I wrong, but it is to my understanding the the IDC boards are sponsored and overseen by NNWC (Naval Network Warfare Command) personnel. With that being said, why are billets not being allocated via NNWC instead of NRC as you mentioned in a previous thread... Does NNWC have additional billets available not including the one's utilized for CNRC applicants that may become NPQ for aviation?

JoJoGoHard

Does anyone know if active duty can email their package from a personal email and not their .mil email? Also, due to multiple degrees and transcripts and needing to scan at a high-enough resolution for the degree to be readable, my file is very large. Pushing 10MB. The computers at my command don't have Adobe Pro. Any suggestions on compressing the PDF to make it smaller? Are the free online programs for doing that secure?
There is no instruction stating that you can not email your OCS package via a personal email account. Again, if emailed with personal account, still recommend you follow up with the fleet processors for verification of receipt. I had a similar issue trying to submit my OCS package regarding file size. My package was 59 pages majority of which being my Joint Service Transcript and initially my package was 16MB, much too large to transfer from any DOD email account and to large to receive by the fleet processors. Took me a few days, but I found a scanner which compressed my OCS package down to 2MB with 200 dpi resolution. The fleet processors will accept your OCS package in two parts via PDF, but they recommend it be in one PDF. Processors do allow and recommend you to submit your 1420.1B OCS package and Medical portion in two separate PDF's. Not sure where you are located, but check with different ADMIN departments around base or different ships to see if they have a scanner that can compress your package to the allocated size with a good resolution. Good Luck..

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
It is fine to send package through personal email but there is a big push through CNRC to use encryption and digital signatures for PII purposes. I scanned mine in as two files and sent separate emails and basically labeled them as BM1 Gates package 1 of 2/2 of 2. They sent a confirmation email for both emails confirming receipt.

Greetings everyone! I've also submitted for this board. I will be following this board, among others, closely.
I have over 7 years on AD and am hoping to leverage that into a commission as an INTEL O.
Best of luck to everyone!

Cheers,

- Z

exNavyOffRec

Correct me if I wrong, but it is to my understanding the the IDC boards are sponsored and overseen by NNWC (Naval Network Warfare Command) personnel. With that being said, why are billets not being allocated via NNWC instead of NRC as you mentioned in a previous thread... Does NNWC have additional billets available not including the one's utilized for CNRC applicants that may become NPQ for aviation?

Good question, the billet allocation actually comes from NPC based on the needs of the USN, NPC tells NRC what their cut is and in turn NRC tells the board (the IDC guys) how many they should select so that that goal can be met. NNWC does not have any additional, it is all via NRC.

This past year just like previouse years as it gets close to the end of the FY people that were thought to be say FY 13 are moved to FY 14 due to redesignatons that cause NRC to meet a goal earlier than expected.

Don't think of it as NRC numbers, think of it as IDC officers commissioned via OCS.

also, I believe those that redesignate at OCS have to be signed off of by the board as well, everyone at OCS is a CNRC applicant, even those a community board says yes if a requirement isn't met they can turn someone away.