• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intel Board - December 2nd

dhtrumpet

Thanks for the advice. Got it down and submitted via personal email. The file was 8 MB but when I sent it to my personal email from my navy.mil account, the email was 11 MB. Downloaded and sent from my personal account to my navy.mil account and the email was only 8MB.

Roger regarding the PII but I didn't know about the 10 MB limit until late last night, so I did what had to be done. At least it is my PII!

How soon after sending your email did you get acknowledgement of receipt? I sent this afternoon, about 2.5 hrs ago and I haven't received a confirmation. It's about 1630 in Millington, I would think people are heading home soon.

IUGUY

Same thing happened with me , submitted on a Friday. Got conformation on the following Monday

Hope that helps

Hey everyone. I submitted my package yesterday and it was received and is being processed. I talked to the processor, Mr. Homer Elam, and he said that my package may not go to the December 2nd board, depending on how many they receive and what the community manager decides. Is there any way to know what board my package went to? I don't want to be anxiously awaiting results if my package didn't even go to board. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

David Purcell

I submitted in mid-October.

29 male
non-prior

3.6 GPA
BA Studio Art from Goucher College (I know not the most competitive major, but I did finish Calculus and Physics)
OAR 66
LORs from college president, LT in Marine Corps, Current Employer and City Manager of Annapolis

Had to get waivers for prior drug use (never arrested, and haven't used since college)

Just wondering what other people's packages are looking like.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
29 male
non-prior
3.6 GPA
BA Studio Art from Goucher College (I know not the most competitive major, but I did finish Calculus and Physics)
OAR 66
LORs from college president, LT in Marine Corps, Current Employer and City Manager of Annapolis
Had to get waivers for prior drug use (never arrested, and haven't used since college)
I wouldn't sweat the major, your GPA & OAR are fine, and carry far more weight than major. The calc/physics are fine, but not as big a deal maker as it would be in aviation.

LORs look good, although Marine LT should read 1/LT or 2/LT, only USN/USCG has LTs (Navy loves accuracy).;)

If you were granted drug waiver, that's good, they don't come easy! Now that your package is submitted, patience is your friend. Best of luck.:)
BzB

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

29 male
non-prior

3.6 GPA
OAR 66

Just wondering what other people's packages are looking like.

Drug waiver for MJ and under 10x's? or ??

David Purcell

My drug waiver was for marijuana 12x's and mushrooms once. I know this weighs against me with the board, but I wasn't sure how much considering I got a waiver.

exNavyOffRec

My drug waiver was for marijuana 12x's and mushrooms once. I know this weighs against me with the board, but I wasn't sure how much considering I got a waiver.

Really it just depends on the board members, I spoke to one in the past that said he would not give the ok to anyone that needed a waiver for greater than 10 times MJ use (ie CNRC waiver)

Spookcumber

Hey everyone.

First time posting here - I've checked out this place quite a bit and it has been EXTREMELY helpful, so thank you! (especially NavyOffRec and Rufio)

I submitted my package for this board, fingers crossed.

IS1(IDW) with a little over 6 years AD, 24 years old.
51 the OAR
3.94 GPA
BA in Intelligence Studies with a concentration in Intelligence Analysis through American Military University
Evals - (P, EP, EP, EP)
LOR's - One from an O5 I worked for as a Collections Manager in Bahrain, One from the Director of the NGA support team I work in currently
CO endorsement from RADM Cox when he was the Community Leader. Hoping his endorsement will make up for the fact that I only turned in 2 LORs. It has a bunch of good stuff in their (LPO of my division, Only E5 in the command that was allowed to instruct IDW and sit boards).

Unfortunately I went on leave right after I submitted my package, so I haven't been able to check my work email to see if the Fleet Processor received it. . .

Good luck to everyone who submitted!

Kilgo2013

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked/answered, but is the December board in addition to the scheduled October board? Trying to figure out which board my package went up to, if at all. Submitted back in September, so I'm a little worried my package may have gotten lost in the shuffle.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked/answered, but is the December board in addition to the scheduled October board? Trying to figure out which board my package went up to, if at all. Submitted back in September, so I'm a little worried my package may have gotten lost in the shuffle.
There is an IDC (SWO-Options, IP, IW, and INTEL) board scheduled to convene December 2nd 2013. Application deadline for this board was November 4th 2013. There are also "rolling boards" for SWO/NFO/SNA that have already or are convening in the near future which should be posting results between now and December... Not sure what designators you applied for, but if you package was submitted in September as you mentioned, you should be good for all previous mentioned boards...

Last edited:

Spookcumber

I tried looking around but am still kind of confused and was hoping someone could answer this question:

What is the typical timeline for finding out if you're professionally recommended and when you're a final select? Is it like a week or two before the board convenes you find out if you're pro rec. Or what is the process? Thank you.

EDIT: Also, would anyone be able to tell me how competitive my above numbers are?

Last edited:
I sent an addition to my package in last week and heard back yesterday morning that the 2DEC IDC board was still convening as of that time. Hope there are still some FY14 billets available.

CTI1 (IDW)
30 years old
7 years AD
Liberal Arts B.S. 3.5 GPA
Persian-Farsi AA 3.9 GPA
55 OAR
Persian-Farsi, Russian, Ukrainian
4 LORs
#1 of 2
INTEL/IW/SWO-IW

Spookcumber

Those all look VERY competitive! Just out of curiosity, why'd you put INTEL first instead of IW? Most of the CT's I've known that have put in for LDO or OCS have always wanted IW as their first pick.

Those all look VERY competitive! Just out of curiosity, why'd you put INTEL first instead of IW? Most of the CT's I've known that have put in for LDO or OCS have always wanted IW as their first pick.

You're right and IW is a natural pick for any CTI, but I've always wanted to work intel, just not enlisted. I've seen what both IW and Intel O's can contribute tactically and I prefer the type of intelligence collection and dissemination in the intel community over IW.