• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intel Board - December 2nd

ocs.hopeful

When I was catching up with my friend from who is still in recruiting the info passed down was that after this IW board IDC "might" be done for FY14, and Supply very well is in the same situation, but everyone is really taking a wait and see approach.

The plus side is when I saw something like this happen a few years ago they put out not to submit any more IDC applications, no one was told that yet so that is a good sign that they think there might be a few more spots.

Have you heard any more regarding whether "after this IW board IDC 'might' be done for FY14"? I'm sure hoping that isn't the case.

Also, I applied for Intel as #1, IW #2. Would I even be considered as a candidate for IW in an IW-only board since it's my #2, or would I have to wait for an intel board, be passed over for intel, then hope for IW?

Finally, I have planned to go college again on the GI Bill if I don't get selected for this. But I also thought I'd know something by around Christmas, and planned to start school in January if not selected. Well, now I must decide if I should start school in two weeks even though I'm not sure if I'll be selected for this. If I am selected in late January or whenever the Intel board happens, how long do you think it would be before I go to OCS? My recruiter more or less said, "Oh, yeah, go to school for now. You'll go to OCS after the semester ends in May, probably." Not helpful. I don't want to start and then have to withdraw early, so what do you think? How long would it probably be before I go to OCS--is there any way to know? Thanks.

exNavyOffRec

Have you heard any more regarding whether "after this IW board IDC 'might' be done for FY14"? I'm sure hoping that isn't the case.

Also, I applied for Intel as #1, IW #2. Would I even be considered as a candidate for IW in an IW-only board since it's my #2, or would I have to wait for an intel board, be passed over for intel, then hope for IW?

Finally, I have planned to go college again on the GI Bill if I don't get selected for this. But I also thought I'd know something by around Christmas, and planned to start school in January if not selected. Well, now I must decide if I should start school in two weeks even though I'm not sure if I'll be selected for this. If I am selected in late January or whenever the Intel board happens, how long do you think it would be before I go to OCS? My recruiter more or less said, "Oh, yeah, go to school for now. You'll go to OCS after the semester ends in May, probably." Not helpful. I don't want to start and then have to withdraw early, so what do you think? How long would it probably be before I go to OCS--is there any way to know? Thanks.

Yes you would have gone to board, and I would say go to school as well.

If you meet the age requirements I would go for SWO as well if you really want a commission.

ocs.hopeful

Yes you would have gone to board, and I would say go to school as well.

If you meet the age requirements I would go for SWO as well if you really want a commission.
Thanks for the info. Have the selections been made for the Dec. 2 IW board? If so, is there a published list that I can view online? (If no, any idea when that'll happen?)

As far as SWO, I'm fine with trying to go that route too. I see that the age limit is 29 at the time of commissioning; I just turned 34 and have 5 years 8 months prior service time. Does that mean that I'm eligible for SWO?

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the info. Have the selections been made for the Dec. 2 IW board? If so, is there a published list that I can view online? (If no, any idea when that'll happen?)

As far as SWO, I'm fine with trying to go that route too. I see that the age limit is 29 at the time of commissioning; I just turned 34 and have 5 years 8 months prior service time. Does that mean that I'm eligible for SWO?

The IW selections did come out, but it seems only AD people were selected.

Sorry to say you are not eligible.