• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Individual Augmentee (IA) info & questions

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hmm...fair enough, nit. If I remember, most of those degenerate into why they suck less or more, so maybe not necessarily stuff that needs to get moved out here.

jrod, see what you can find, then ask away.

hasmith

In Afghanistan

The Navy and the Air Force are definitely supporting the IA mission in a big way. I am in Afghanistan, the group I came over with was about 150 people strong ranging from E-4 to O-6 with the vast majority (90%+) being officers. The biggest contingent is Supply Corps, followed by CEC. There are also pilots, NFOs, Nurses, Docs, Submariners, SWOs EDOs and a few other designators. Basically the Navy and the Air Force are filling in for the Army in the support jobs. Other areas with a large contingent of Navy are Iraq, Kuwait, and the horn of Africa. We all went through about 2 months of Army training at Camp Shelby in MS, and it was actually a lot of fun, you get to do a lot of things that you would not do in the traditional Navy like getting trained up in crew served weapons, convoy operations, urban assault, platoon leadership. Plus if you are a LT like me you get called Captain a lot which is always an ego boost!

We all went through about 2 months of Army training at Camp Shelby in MS, and it was actually a lot of fun, you get to do a lot of things that you would not do in the traditional Navy like getting trained up in crew served weapons, convoy operations, urban assault, platoon leadership. Plus if you are a LT like me you get called Captain a lot which is always an ego boost!

I saw that you are CEC; Have you been to a Battalion yet?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Apparently I'm out of the loop...but....what's the deal with these private forums? Is there a sercret knock? Password? Handshake?:D

I suspect this is information that if needed you would know. (Translation, if the people in the forum want you in the forum...you'd know how to get in!)

Seriously though. What stuff is going on on this board that I don't know about?

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Apparently I'm out of the loop...but....what's the deal with these private forums? Is there a sercret knock? Password? Handshake?:D

I suspect this is information that if needed you would know. (Translation, if the people in the forum want you in the forum...you'd know how to get in!)

It must be like the hot-skinny-blonde wife, the brown boots, and the leather jacket. Issued to you (or permissable to flaunt publicly) only after you have earned your wings of gold.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Get some wings and you'll find out. ;) At the rate you're going, you'll be an O-4 before that happens.

Brett

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
At the rate you're going, you'll be an O-4 before that happens.

Thanks for that....that wasn't designed to make me feel good.:D Had another C code MAF today as well...

Talk to Fly or some other buddy?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually, if you are a post-API SNA, you rate the Private NA forum. Just apply to join and one of the mods should let you in.

(provided that you know the secret password, handshake, and apply an appropriate bribe from your local liquor store . . . I keed)

hasmith

No Battalion

Florida Seabee, no I have not been to Battalion, and this is it for me, my release from active duty orders have been approved and I will be a civilian in about 8 months or so.