• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

incentive rides

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
A few of us mids back in the day were able to get water survival at Lemoore. We just happened to be in the right place at the right time and get the right person to ask if we could get in. At the time, I was a college program guy so I didn't have anything to do between my freshman/sophmore year. I got it done and was able to get two different hops in the TA-7C who at the time, was VA-122. A buddy and I just called them up during the year and made the long drive to Lemoore for the flights. Lucky but maybe it could still be done.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
The two 1/C cruises I went on weren't for me, the cruises I went on were hook ups from great guys... I just chose to participate with the rest of the middies so as not to bring undue attention to myself. So for me there was no pay, no free food at the chow hall, but the opportunity to get a lot of hours in Hornets and Rhinos

In addition to those cruises I also participated in my regularly scheduled cruises.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The two 1/C cruises I went on weren't for me, the cruises I went on were hook ups from great guys... I just chose to participate with the rest of the middies so as not to bring undue attention to myself. So for me there was no pay, no free food at the chow hall, but the opportunity to get a lot of hours in Hornets and Rhinos

In addition to those cruises I also participated in my regularly scheduled cruises.

My point is that you did it at a squadron and IVO all the water survival facilities to make things kosher, not on the road under dubious conditions.

Brett

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I agree with that, my post was directed towards Bunk with his very similar story. Not the one where the were flying the Jets out to Purdue...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah, there was a reason for that. The first group (you guys) were pretty good. After that, it was a steady decline. There were some real sh!tbags thrown in there (not all of them of course)

hope I wasn't part of the problem :)
I do think I know the guys (and possibly girl) you are talking about though

tiger84

LT
pilot
During my sophomore the Aerospace department paid for an hour of flight instruction for all of us and the Marines flew in a Super Cobra and a few recruiters. No rides obviously, but just seeing the CObra come in over the trees was enough to get a lot of people seriously interested in pursuing air contracts.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I miss giving dewy-eyed young wannabe's Indoc backseat rides ... it was always such positive reinforcement for all concerned to hear their helmeted heads rattling off the inside of the canopy in a 500 kt break at the field ... (think: sounds like --- pebble in an empty beer bottle)

Ahhhhhhh ..... *sigh* ... the good 'ol days. :)

27661smkg1.jpg

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
joboy_2.0Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Navy
Yeah, there were some good guys there, but you're right, you remember the cocks. Brilliant punishment for that MIDN by the way :D Cockblocks are punishable by death.

I thought that cockblocking automatically made you a woman.

To actually add to this topic.

You've never let that stop you before...

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I miss giving dewy-eyed young wannabe's Indoc backseat rides ... it was always such positive reinforcement for all concerned to hear their helmeted heads rattling off the inside of the canopy in a 500 kt break at the field ... (think: sounds like --- pebble in an empty beer bottle)

Ahhhhhhh ..... *sigh* ... the good 'ol days. :)

27661smkg1.jpg

Yes it can be quite fun...
View attachment 3868
(Funny thing is thats an air force pilot I'm looking at)