• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

incentive rides

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You could give them someone else's flight gear, of which they can fvck up, gouge the visors, and generally make your life miserable when you are trying to figure out who fvcked with your sh!t.

Sure, but "technically" (read by the book), you're supposed to get hung in a harness before you can go flying with it. Regardless of how it goes down in the fleet everyday, I'm thinking that whomever is supervising what amounts to incentive rides for civilians would make sure that everything is done 100% by the book.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sure, but "technically" (read by the book), you're supposed to get hung in a harness before you can go flying with it. Regardless of how it goes down in the fleet everyday, I'm thinking that whomever is supervising what amounts to incentive rides for civilians would make sure that everything is done 100% by the book.

Brett

Yeah, I know. I was just using that as an opportunity to b!tch about MIDN that fvck with your sh!t. :)

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here is a quick piece of gouge for you. When VIPs or Midn or whoever show up to get a flight disapear your gear into your office or somewhere else, you'll thank me later.

Nothing like grabbing your helmet to FCF and find someone else's sweat in it.

MasterBates

Yep. My gear becomes "down" when Middies or VIPs roam about. PR1 is very protective of my stuff, since it was such a pain in the ass to custom order.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Share your flight gear .... ??? You must be joking. When did that start???

There are three things in this life that I do NOT share:

1. My toothbrush

2. My woman

3. My flight gear

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Protect your gear. I heard a story from some guys who had their helmets lent to some VIPs in theater so they could ride in a Huey and see the "action". They ended up called on strip alert and had to fly a mission in ICS crannials.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
The change of atmosphere from the beginning of the summer, when I first went through, to the end of the summer when I came back was pretty weird. You guys all loved Midshipmen (clarify=me) when I was first there, but when I came back for third phase and chatted with the Middies they were all sad that you guys were "making fun of them" and "talking bad about them." Later on the picture became more clear.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It was weird the change of atmosphere from the beginning of the summer, when I first went through, to the end of the summer when I came back. You guys all loved Midshipmen (clarify=me) when I was first there, but when I came back for third phase and chatted with the Middies they were all sad that you guys were "making fun of them" and "talking bad about them." Later on the picture became more clear.

Yeah, there was a reason for that. The first group (you guys) were pretty good. After that, it was a steady decline. There were some real sh!tbags thrown in there (not all of them of course).

MasterBates

We had 3 batches of Middies this year.

Group 1: 2 cool dudes, both SubNuc wannabees. 1 Total tool. Was pissed when he found out HSL is not on the carrier. Wants to be a Pilot, but wore the thickest glasses I have EVER seen.

Group2: All 4 were SWOlings. 3 were OK, 1 was a douch. None flew or wanted to fly.

Group3: 5, all wanted to be pilots. 3 knew their place, 1 was obnoxious, and 1 thought he was king-shit because he had 7.5 hours in a Cessna. Tried to tell us that we don't know how to really fly like him, because we have only flown helos. (not the brightest one there I thin) I did a few 180 autos and made him puke on #3.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tried to tell us that we don't know how to really fly like him, because we have only flown helos. (not the brightest one there I thin) I did a few 180 autos and made him puke on #3.

Oh I would have fvcked with him mercilessly. Good work.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh I would have fvcked with him mercilessly. Good work.

I'd say on balance, the mids I've dealt with in the fleet are decent, but it's the tools you remember. This kid we had one year was just that annoying type that grates on you and has something to say about everything - kind of how I imagine Joboy would be in person. Anyway, we were having a 4th of July party at a buddies house and this kid proceeds to get obliterated, shooting his mouth off to just about everybody, and finally making an unsuccessful attempt at a cock block for yours truly. The kid ends up passing out, so we break out the sharpies and do a little "decorating." Perhaps it was the booze, or divine intervention, but someone decided it would be a good idea to shave off the kid's eyebrows. Boy did he look funny at the AOM on Monday morning. We all though we were going to get in trouble for molesting the mid, but nothing was ever said and justice was done. :D

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd say on balance, the mids I've dealt with in the fleet are decent, but it's the tools you remember. This kid we had one year was just that annoying type that grates on you and has something to say about everything - kind of how I imagine Joboy would be in person. Anyway, we were having a 4th of July party at a buddies house and this kid proceeds to get obliterated, shooting his mouth off to just about everybody, and finally making an unsuccessful attempt at a cock block for yours truly. The kid ends up passing out, so we break out the sharpies and do a little "decorating." Perhaps it was the booze, or divine intervention, but someone decided it would be a good idea to shave off the kid's eyebrows. Boy did he look funny at the AOM on Monday morning. We all though we were going to get in trouble for molesting the mid, but nothing was ever said and justice was done. :D

Brett

Yeah, there were some good guys there, but you're right, you remember the cocks. Brilliant punishment for that MIDN by the way :D Cockblocks are punishable by death.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Yeah, there were some good guys there, but you're right, you remember the cocks. Brilliant punishment for that MIDN by the way :D Cockblocks are punishable by death.

I thought that cockblocking automatically made you a woman.

To actually add to this topic. The only thing I've ever seen is in AFROTC after field training, if you're doing well, you may get a chance to get a ride in an F-16. A buddy of mine did. The marines do the King Air flight for marine applicants up at our school as a recruiting method. It's pretty popular. Can't vouch for F-18 ride, but if NROTC does similar stuff to AFROTC, maybe...

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I am on PLC Air contract and a Marine pilot came with a king air and let me and a couple of others take turns flying it.

The program to which you are referring is the Marine Corps. Flight Orientation Program (MCFOP). Every office has one and it generally comes around once per year. Our office had a King Air as well for us, which was a fun ride.