• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IMPORTANT INFO FOR ALL GOING TO OCS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

onee

When I submitted my application for pilot, I knew that my vision was borderline 20/40, even though I passed the test.
I'm worried that at NOMI, there's no way I would be relaxed enough to see the required 20/40.
What happens if I test at 20/50???

atticus8

I was wondering how strict the dental exam is for SNA, i'm reporting to OCS in November. Should I make sure I have zero cavities and all that, or can they take care of it there? Has anyone heard of anyone getting NPQ'd for dental?

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
brush your teeth and floss twice a day for a month before you go to OCS. you need a class 2 dental to graduate. If you have impacted wisdom teeth you'll get those removed while you're a candio.

jrklr

if yer wisdom teeth come in are they good to go? I've heard a lot of different things about this.

NA71

Hi, I'm going to OCS on Aug 16th for pilot. This news doesn't make me feel better, but I'd like to know what GTX means? Is the flight physical the one they give you right away? I'd like to know early in OCS whether or not I'll be finishing out the program. If I get knocked out for this, am I out of the Navy or will they have me find another job? Thanks!

Matt

NA71

OK, read a bit more... Think I get the whole GTX thing. So how strict are they being on form for PU test anyway? I'm doing about 100-150 a day to practice!

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
they will demonstrate the proper push position. They are watching to make sure your back is straight(not arched or sagging) and that you are getting the proper extension and not just doing head bobs. They give you your physical day two at OCS. They seperate the flight guys from the others to get their flight physicals. They don't want to waste their time or money on you if you are not medicaly qualified in the first place. They also want to make sure the DI is not going to give you a heart attack the first day he meets you. GTX is a transition company. They are on hold for various reasons. G= is for med hold/administrative hold, T=training deficiency PT/rolled out for an inspection and awaiting another class, X= awaiting seperation from OCS for whatever reason. GTX is not fun, just a necessary evil. There were a couple there that rolled into our class because there med records did not show from their recruiter on time. Stuff happens, get over it and press on.

trevor jones

i am looking at the marines right know and took the PIP test, I failed, marines allow you to miss 2 and i missed 4. The air force allows four. They then gave the an alternative, falant and i luckily passed. there was one i almost missed but the physician let me slide because i wasn't sure if the light was green or white. you can't miss any on the falant. So now i am proceding with the marines again, it worries me though that i might get screwed when i get in. Its for an air contract. also like i said i already had a class 1 flight physical, do i have to get another in OCS?

Robert_F

I enlisted on May 30th for the USMC reserves. The idiot tech there took the exam with my contacts in so I got 20/20. I really have 20/400. I have to take my flight physical in November. Ive heard of a technicality that since I tested perfect initially then my vision got worse after entering, that I can get a waiver? Is this true?

AZSkegee

I dont know about that one shipmate, check out NOMI.navy.mil, they have the areomedical waiver guide, hope that helps good luck

dhafeman

As far as situps go, are you allowed to rest in the down position? And do they care how you position your knees that much?

dhafeman

Ok Thats now 1 for resting in the up position and 1 for resting in the down position (I talked with an Ensign in API a few days ago) Everyone you talk to seems to have a different answer. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.