• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Illegal Aliens Apprehended On Air Force Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If any bleeding heart doesn't think illegal aliens, oh I'm sorry, I mean "undocumented workers", are a problem for this country, then they're out to lunch.

http://www2.acc.af.mil/accnews/News05/0086.html

49 Undocumented Workers Apprehended

By Capt. Allen Herritage
4th Fighter Wing Public Affairs

07/08/2005 - SEYMOUR-JOHNSON AIR FORCE BASE, N.C. (ACCNS) - Forty-nine undocumented workers were apprehended here Wednesday morning by base, local and federal law enforcement agencies.

Air Force Office of Special Investigations led the operation, called “Clean Sweep,” to detain contract workers on base. After scrutinizing individual forms of identification and employee documentation, agents were able to determine a number of the workers were employed under false pretenses. Those apprehended were construction workers hired by regional firms contracted to perform labor on base.

According to AFOSI Special Agent Rob Fields, agent in charge of Clean Sweep, the operation was executed seamlessly.

“Thanks to outstanding cooperation among all agencies involved, everything went as planned,” said Agent Fields. “No one was hurt, and we transitioned the individuals to federal custody smoothly. It really was a successful operation. This was a shining example of inter-agency cooperation in our post-9/11 world.”

Though Seymour Johnson security forces did not deem the workers a security threat, 4th Fighter Wing Commander Col. Mike Holmes, sees the event as a cause for further investigation.

“Anyone present on base under false pretenses is a serious concern,” Colonel Holmes said. “What we need to do next is go back and look closely at our part of the contracting process and identify what procedures, if any, need to be changed to ensure we’ve done all we can to make sure this doesn’t happen again.”

The base adheres to all Air Combat Command and Air Force guidance regarding base entry procedures. Contract workers are required to have a valid government issued photo identification card and submit to a criminal background check.

Additionally, contract workers must be sponsored onto the installation by an approved agent of the contractor. The approved agent is also required to maintain physical proximity with the workers while on the installation.

The Defense Criminal Investigation Service, Bureau of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, the Social Security Administration, U.S. Marshals Service, Goldsboro Police Department and 4th Security Forces Squadron joined OSI agents in the operation.

Kolja

Git-r-done
if they're not deported, how much you wanna bet they end up working on the base again as the convict labor janitors and groundskeepers????

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Has anyone read anything about the minute man project? Heres the site: http://www.minutemanhq.com/

Its about a bunch of people teamed up together to try to keep illegal aliens from crossing the border. I just heard about it the other and found it kind of interesting.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh of course. Mexico hates them, liberals hate them, and illegals hate them. I think it's awesome.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
The MInutemen just started up a group down here in S Texas, and all the Mexican activist groups (LULAC etc) were adamantly against it. I think they were complaining about how they would be unfairly targeting Mexicans. Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those about the only people who sneak over the border down here?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
gregsivers said:
The MInutemen just started up a group down here in S Texas, and all the Mexican activist groups (LULAC etc) were adamantly against it. I think they were complaining about how they would be unfairly targeting Mexicans. Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those about the only people who sneak over the border down here?

That's. Freakin. Awesome.

Disclaimer for the emotionally weak: This is a sarcastic comment targetted at the ridiculous nature of the claims of Mexican activists groups.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
gregsivers said:

I believe they meant that the civilian vigilante groups are just as likely to get into scuffles with actual US citizens or legal aliens as they are to detain or whatever any illegal ones.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
squorch2 said:
I believe they meant that the civilian vigilante groups are just as likely to get into scuffles with actual US citizens or legal aliens as they are to detain or whatever any illegal ones.

These groups patrol private lands. They're going to get into scuffles with illegals, not US citizens or legal aliens.

Make no mistake, these groups know this. They are completely opposed to controlling the border.

I have no problems with the groups so long as they are lawful, and most are. They are hired by private land owners because illegals are coming across, vandalizing and trashing their property, sometimes even attacking them (drug runners, corrupt Mexican Army and Police running cover, etc). They're picking of the slack, the HUGE amount of slack, from the government. Border Patrol is great, but they don't have the resources or permission to effectively control our border.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
As little as I know about this, it seems pretty understandable. Like Fly is saying, as long as their lawful and don't turn into vigilantes.

And greg, it's not just Mexicans who come over the border. Mexico just happens to be the last country before the US in a long line of peoples who want to get here, not even including the "bad" people we're currently fighting. Of course, this just validates your point.

As an aside. I think there were two different times during the RAG in San Dog where someone would see some guys coming across the fence at NAS Imperial Beach. Usually at night, and usually by someone wearing goggles. Pretty funny, as the training stops and the Navy helo will point them out to Border Patrol and the tower. Not actually conducting law enforcement though. Oh no, couldn't be doing that...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Er, Current news relating to military aviation maybe??? What's "sick" about it?

Don't be foolish enough to think that this incident is isolated, and only an Air Force problem. These types of ops are periodically run at Navy bases- sometimes they turn up people employed using false identification, sometimes not. Granted the majority of the people appear to do it just to have a job, however the possibility always remains that people do this for more sinister reasons... establishing a drug distribution network, espionage, terrorism etc etc etc.

Grant

squorch2 said:

Um.... no. Citizens and "legal aliens" use official ports of entry, they dont run across the freakin desert miles from civilization.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
gatordev said:
And greg, it's not just Mexicans who come over the border.

I know they're not the only ones, and I hope I didn't come across as ignorant. It just struck me as funny that they were concerned about discrimination. I've read articles in the paper down here about drug and immigrant smugglers who will shoot at land owners along the border and inland. I think these groups should be allowed to patrol private lands. Hell, the landowner can do whatever he wants on his land so long as its legal.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Grant said:
"legal aliens"

From the INS:
Legalized Aliens - Certain illegal aliens who were eligible to apply for temporary resident status under the legalization provision of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. To be eligible, aliens must have continuously resided in the United States in an unlawful status since January 1, 1982, not be excludable, and have entered the United States either 1) illegally before January 1, 1982, or 2) as temporary visitors before January 1, 1982, with their authorized stay expiring before that date or with the Government’s knowledge of their unlawful status before that date. Legalization consists of two stages--temporary and then permanent residency. In order to adjust to permanent status aliens must have had continuous residence in the United States, be admissible as an immigrant, and demonstrate at least a minimal understanding and knowledge of the English language and U.S. history and government.

Yup, "legal alien" is an actual term, with definitions. Not just something I made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.