• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Illegal Aliens Apprehended On Air Force Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
wannabef18pilot said:
Anyone who was born in a different country and came to the US would not agree with you guys...

I just asked my dad and he seemed to agree. I'm sure that the rest of my family who came over here (legally, by the way) would agree as well. I personally think that spazzing out against Fly was totally unnecessary, and some what rude. He did not once speak out against Mexican people. Theres a huge difference between Mexican people, and people who illegally enter our country through the US/Mexican border. Since it is just that, the US/Mexican boarder, chances are that most of the people trying to cross illegally will be Mexican. Sniping Mexicans is not the aim of the organization. Defending the nation against terrorism is not the aim of the organization. If you do something illegally, then it is illegal, regardless of nationally, religion, color, shoe size, or whatever.

I'm typing this as I look through some mail that I got earlier today. I got a mail-in rebate from something I bought. I will fill out the form and mail it in, and complete the process that is required. I will not, in my desperation for money, go to the company with a gun and demand my money, and then call it a racial action when the owner shoots me in self-defense.

Of course, as usual, I write this post with all due respect. I dont really think that anyone on here meant any disrespect by anything.

Grant

Slammer2 said:
I just asked my dad and he seemed to agree.

I just IMed one of my friends, who is German-born (now a citizen), and he also agrees. He is all for securing our borders. He feels its a slap in the face to legal aliens and naturalized citizens that the US Government does little-to-nothing to stop illegal immigration (and anyone that thinks that the current Border Patrol is working is living under a rock). If someone wants to live in this country, they should go through the same process that everyone else takes part in, he says. I agree wholeheartedly with him.

I have no problem with Mexicans, I have a problem with illegal aliens, regardless of country of origin. Breaking the law is breaking the law, and criminals are criminals, no matter where they came from.

SCUBA

Ok dudes... unless the immigrant was:

A: Related to an US citizen.
B: Sponsored by a work program and then entered.
C: Or was awarded citizenship via a "lottery".

I'm pretty sure that they were in the US "illegally" at some point. Now there are a couple of ways to look at the "legality". If you entered the country legally but decided to stay beyond the allotted time and obtained a job without documentation is one type. The other is the border crossing without documentation.

Now I'm all for the control of the borders by the US GOVERNMENT but this vigilante group is total BS and should be illegal. By the way you keep on saying that all these guys are criminals and I'm also gonna call the BS flag on that one. All they are trying to do is feed their families and have a better life.
To most of us that grew up with all the benefits of the American way of life is easy to give a cold shoulder and ignore others struggles. And don't even think about bringing up the fact of how we are currently helping the Iraqi people.

What a shame...

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
ATRdriver said:
By the way you keep on saying that all these guys are criminals and I'm also gonna call the BS flag on that one. All they are trying to do is feed their families and have a better life.

So does that mean you think someone who holds someone up at gun point to get money to feed their family should not be labeled a criminal? Afterall, maybe they just wanted money to eat and take care of expenses.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ATRdriver said:
By the way you keep on saying that all these guys are criminals and I'm also gonna call the BS flag on that one. All they are trying to do is feed their families and have a better life.

No one said all of them were criminals. Don't put words in people's mouths. Most are just trying to feed their families and have a better life, but the [highlight]fact[/highlight] of the matter is many criminals and undesirables have come across as well. This is documented. If you think every person crossing the border is some poor soul looking for a better life, you are saddly mistaken my friend.

What a shame...

The shame is, you, like some others here, fail to recognize the writing on the wall. It is time to stop pussy footing around the border issue and DO something about it. Both sides of the fence, Republican and Democrat are paralyzed over the issue due to concern over votes. It's ridiculous.

Edited to add: Asked my friend who came here from Israel, is a US Citizen. He is for border control and immigration control.

wannabef18pilot

ATRdriver said:
Ok dudes... unless the immigrant was:

A: Related to an US citizen.
B: Sponsored by a work program and then entered.
C: Or was awarded citizenship via a "lottery".

I'm pretty sure that they were in the US "illegally" at some point. Now there are a couple of ways to look at the "legality". If you entered the country legally but decided to stay beyond the allotted time and obtained a job without documentation is one type. The other is the border crossing without documentation.

Now I'm all for the control of the borders by the US GOVERNMENT but this vigilante group is total BS and should be illegal. By the way you keep on saying that all these guys are criminals and I'm also gonna call the BS flag on that one. All they are trying to do is feed their families and have a better life.
To most of us that grew up with all the benefits of the American way of life is easy to give a cold shoulder and ignore others struggles. And don't even think about bringing up the fact of how we are currently helping the Iraqi people.

What a shame...

I totally agree with you! And you are very insightful to point out that it is easy to ignore the struggles of others because we have it so good over here. I love this country because it has given me th opportunity to become who I am today, and to have a much better life than if my family had decided to stay in Mexico.

I do not believe just because you are born in a different land you shouldn't have the same freedoms as people do here. I think that is what this country is all about, freedom and opportunity.

Leave border patrol to the government. Not every Mexican can legally get into this country, and if you were in some of there situations, you would do the same.

T-man

wannabef18pilot said:
I totally agree with you! And you are very insightful to point out that it is easy to ignore the struggles of others because we have it so good over here. I love this country because it has given me th opportunity to become who I am today, and to have a much better life than if my family had decided to stay in Mexico.

I do not believe just because you are born in a different land you shouldn't have the same freedoms as people do here. I think that is what this country is all about, freedom and opportunity.

Leave border patrol to the government. Not every Mexican can legally get into this country, and if you were in some of there situations, you would do the same.

Is this the same person!?!?

disclaimer:
The above is stated with HUGE amounts of sarcasm. To your credit, This is the most inteligent post you've made so far. My hat is off to you for cooling down and explaining yourself a bit more clearly and not flaming, as it seems you did in your previous posts (whether you meant to or not).

SCUBA

Originally Posted by gregsivers
The MInutemen just started up a group down here in S Texas, and all the Mexican activist groups (LULAC etc) were adamantly against it. I think they were complaining about how they would be unfairly targeting Mexicans. Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those about the only people who sneak over the border down here?

Fly Navy said:
That's. Freakin. Awesome.

Dude if that's not bigotry then I don't know what is. It seems like you guys like to post crap and then chose to forget about it.

I'm pretty that you think that by writing "That's. Freakin. Awesome." in bold letters somehow enhances your masculinity and shows how "hardcore" you are. Let me tell you that it only shows ignorance.

As far as me putting words on people's mouths... re-read my post...then proceed to read every single post. If after doing that you still feel the same way I may do the quote thingy to show you what I'm referring to.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ATRdriver said:
Dude if that's not bigotry then I don't know what is. It seems like you guys like to post crap and then chose to forget about it.

I'm pretty that you think that by writing "That's. Freakin. Awesome." in bold letters somehow enhances your masculinity and shows how "hardcore" you are. Let me tell you that it only shows ignorance.

As far as me putting words on people's mouths... re-read my post...then proceed to read every single post. If after doing that you still feel the same way I may do the quote thingy to show you what I'm referring to.

Actually, it's [highlight]you[/highlight] that needs to reread the posts. That "freakin awesome" was referring to the fact that those groups are crying about discrimination when the problem is LARGELY Mexicans. I stated this clearly to wannabe18pilot as a clarification. Are these groups (MM type groups) SPECIFICALLY targetting Mexicans or targetting any illegal aliens that cross. I believe the answer is "any illegal aliens". The "Freaking Awesome" in huge letters is a sarcastic post. I've done it before in other threads. You haven't been posting long enough to see that.

See page 2 for reference.

SCUBA

Slammer2 said:
So does that mean you think someone who holds someone up at gun point to get money to feed their family should not be labeled a criminal? Afterall, maybe they just wanted money to eat and take care of expenses.

If I actually have to point out the differences between the two then we have bigger issues than a simple discussion. Perhaps you have the inability to discern between the two due to a lack of experience, intellect, maturity, or downright common sense. Like I said before, just because you can't relate to something doesn't mean that you don't have to try to understand it.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ATRdriver said:
If I actually have to point out the differences between the two then we have bigger issues than a simple discussion. Perhaps you have the inability to discern between the two due to a lack of experience, intellect, maturity, or downright common sense. Like I said before, just because you can't relate to something doesn't mean that you don't have to try to understand it.

ATRdriver, could you please (honest request) give us a little background info on yourself. Your profile is empty. Are you retired/reserve military, wanna-be military, or just a civilian? We generally like to know who we're debating with here on this site. Thank you.

SCUBA

Why do you need qualifiers? So that you can throw adhominems at me?
Just read the post and that should be all that you need. What's your intent? pull rank or something like you did to the other dude "unbecoming", "midshipman".

Pathetic!

DCLegal

Rhino Pilot Wife
ATRdriver said:
Just read the post and that should be all that you need. What's your intent? pull rank or something like you did to the other dude "unbecoming", "midshipman".

Pathetic!

Fly, I think that would qualify as not military (past, present or future).

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ATRdriver said:

Pathetic!

No, because I like to see the persons education and experience level, like anyone else on this site. So far, you have no qualifiers to talk "experience" and "maturity" to anyone else on this site.

And if you'd hang around, you'd find that's one of the few times on AW that rank has ever been pulled, and WITH GOOD REASON. By the sound of it, you're not military.

Status
Not open for further replies.