• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ifs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBayDog

You can report as early as you want, provided your orders do not say otherwise (NROTC/Academy grads usually have a "report ON" day).

Are you classing up with Delta or Echo? Or are you classing up with Charlie? I only ask, because if you are classing up with Charlie, which usually starts in April, you might want to consider reporting soon to do IFS before TBS. If not, then you are fine.

(If you are reporting strictly for IFS on 11 Apr, I would not recommend checking in too early...you will be on the Mike Co work/duty roster. Unless you like moving mattresses, painting walls, etc., don't do it).

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yup
Unless you're going to start IFS right away, DO NOT report early. More time not doing anything = more time in Mike Company = more ***** work. You'll spend plenty of time in Mike Co as is, there's no reason to extend it.

usmcegan

One of the last from VMGRT-253
I just finished primary and maybe I can answer a few of the questions here. I did IFS before TBS in Arizona, but my MOI had to make some phone calls, which he did since I was a MECEP. IFS at TBS to my understanding is VERY chill. I was sweating the physical in P'cola too, the NAMI-Whammy, but it turned out to be nothing to worry about. I don't know what your choices are if you drop out of IFS, but we had one guy DOR in API and one in primary and they both got what they wanted - one wanted grunt and the other wanted supply. So take that for what it's worth.
I also agree with the don't report early to TBS unless you're sure that you're going to start IFS before TBS.
Very disjointed post but let me know if I can answer any other questions for anyone.
Feel free to email me, but don't expect a same day response.

lftmarine

I'm pretty much doing nothing= at home where there are no jobs, so if I reported in two weeks would I be able to be in Mike CO as a paid 2nd Lt or just helping with a pat on the back? Anyway I can check this would feel silly if I reported and they said go home until the 11 Apr., Any insight would be wonderful!!!!!

lftmarine

Also Kbaydog I'm in Delta which starts in June, if I'm able to report and get paid I'll gladly do it. That would be 1000 times better than trying to get a Wal-mart job as a current 2nd Lt of Marines.

Semper Fi, Gents

usmcegan

I don't know if you'll get paid from when you check in or when you pick up. But like KBayDog said it would make sence that if your orders don't say otherwise, you can check in as soon as you like. Try the TBS web site and see if there's any info there, or even call Mike Co.

lftmarine

I retrieved the Mike CO. phone number off the TBS website and I'm calling first thing monday. I'll report early if I'm getting paid, otherwise there is no need for me to be broke in Q-town. USMCegan you heading down the C-130 pipeline? I want to fly the big boys myself.

usmcegan

Yup, I leave Enid, OK (I was "lucky" enough to be selected to do Air Force primary) for Corpus next Friday. It should be a good time. All I can say is take it one step at a time. Do as well as you can at TBS, don't be a FIGMAC - "*Forget* it" I got my air contract. Enjoy it.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
USMCLFT said:
I retrieved the Mike CO. phone number off the TBS website and I'm calling first thing monday. I'll report early if I'm getting paid, otherwise there is no need for me to be broke in Q-town. USMCegan you heading down the C-130 pipeline? I want to fly the big boys myself.

If you check in early with Mike Co. you will be getting paid. However, you have to make sure that you can do that. I don't know if they'll let you check in early just for the hell of it.

lftmarine

Thanks, for the info Gents, I called and Mike Co. Co told me he had no problem with it if I wanted to check-in early.

Status
Not open for further replies.