• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS Struggles

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I am classing up with Delta in a few weeks as well - looking forward to IFS!

Thanks for the post Rocky, nice to think about flying down the road when I am looking at 6 months of ground-guy-stuff ahead of me.

FlyinRock

You'll get out what you put in. Keep your head in the books, ask lots of good questions of your instructors and take advantage of their experience. Keep in mind none of us have all the answers but the good ones know where to find them. Some tidbit nugget just may be the key to the difficult puzzle and when it happens fast you have to be up with it.
Challenge yourself and do not accept today as being OK. Use it to push yourself up and beyond that level.
Semper fi
Rocky

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
You da man!

Are you going to finish in time for Delta???

Lets hope so! If the weather keeps being gay then probably not. Most of the IFS class is just behind me so hopefully we can all make it through in time. If not, then another month of fun in Mike

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Lets hope so! If the weather keeps being gay then probably not. Most of the IFS class is just behind me so hopefully we can all make it through in time. If not, then another month of fun in Mike

Well the good news is that you now have a very small taste of what's to come. Maybe it will give you something to think about when things get a bit crazy in TBS.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Hopefully you can finish soon. There are only 58 air slots in Delta. All others will have to wait longer...

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Hopefully you can finish soon. There are only 58 air slots in Delta. All others will have to wait longer...

Damn it, that sucks...ignorance is bliss.

Oh well, I'm still on leave, my pal Jerry the Sailor will keep me strong if I wind up in Mike.

trongod46

pilot
About taking charge is key, I hate flying dualed up,,, you fly different with someone in you backseat (sideseat), im worrying about being smooth or what to say,,, just do it damn it, and put the airplane where you want it.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I got to go to a dinner last night for the Quiet Birdmen. The guy in charge of our school said the first in our group to solo got to go. Had a hell of a time. Those "old" guys sure know how to party!

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
Who would you guys recommending talking to if you're struggling in IFS? I have a checkride coming up and am anticipating not passing it. Would anyone here recommend talking to someone in the IFS office before that happens or holding off until after seeing the outcome?

MasterBates

If you think you are going to fail, you already have.

If you think you are going to fly your best, and pass. You may.

FlyinRock

Who would you guys recommending talking to if you're struggling in IFS? I have a checkride coming up and am anticipating not passing it. Would anyone here recommend talking to someone in the IFS office before that happens or holding off until after seeing the outcome?

Waaahhh waaahhhh waaaahhhhh
That kind of attitude will get you killed and even more importantly, those who depend on you for support.
Do the progam a favor and DOR.
Semper Fi
Rocky

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
All I have been looking for is advice but advice to DOR is not any advice I will take. I've never quit anything and don't plan to...success is my only option here.

Thanks for your help

FlyinRock

Then you have to put your head down and keep marching. What I saw was a sniviling cry for help. That won't cut it in my world or the real world.
Either you can do the job or you can't and that is what IFS does. There are no shortcuts or someone to wipe your ass.
What are you going to do when some raghead with an RPG tries to shoot down your ass? Gonna go cry for help ?? Sorry. No sympathy here.
Semper Fi
Rocky

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Saying you anticipate failing is COMPLETELY incongruent with what you just spewed about never quitting anything and success is the ONLY option. You are either one mindset or the other.

Let me let you in on a secret: If you anticipate failing... you already HAVE quit. And quitting becomes a habit.