• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS in Pensacola

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
When we were doing IFS before we started TBS, we had to drive up to Manassas (~1hr due to construction). Some guy thought we deserved to be reimbursed for the drive time and ran it by the Mike Co senior guy with a official Naval letter format request. Laughs ensued ...

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I guess if you're at the bottom of the ladder, you get pissed on; no matter which ladder it is. I'm not pressing the issue, but you file for reimburement on a form. The same one you use when you PCS.

Get your flaks and kevlars. Where's the 7-ton?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I guess if you're at the bottom of the ladder, you get pissed on; no matter which ladder it is. I'm not pressing the issue, but you file for reimburement on a form. The same one you use when you PCS.

Good luck with that...

To put it in perspective, IPs regularly drive an hour to stand duty as RDO and we don't get reimbursed either. File it on your taxes.

dbatt005

P-3 FO
None
IFS has a van to use and they are adding another. We used it during ground school. Otherwise, you are usually classed up with 3 or 4 other people at the same school so car pooling is also an option. The schools also try to pair you up for flights if you get a school flying the 172. I think P'cola uses a Tomahawk but no need to carpool there.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
IFS sounds like quite the headache. Oh well. I've only got about 70 hrs and my PPL... Hopefully I won't have to do it. If so, I'll put a grin on my face and realize that i'm getting the hrs for free.

However, even if I were a more experienced airman (1000+ hrs), I don't think i'd want to skip/combine flights in primary. Even if you are relearning basic mindnumbing knowledge, at least you are building time and experience in a new airframe. I would think that combining flights would take your edge away as far as being just one more step ahead of those that don't have the experience. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Interesting and informative thread.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
IFS sounds like quite the headache. Oh well. I've only got about 70 hrs and my PPL... Hopefully I won't have to do it. If so, I'll put a grin on my face and realize that i'm getting the hrs for free.

Don't worry, you wont.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I would think that combining flights would take your edge away as far as being just one more step ahead of those that don't have the experience. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Well, technically, as long as you don't suck, you'd be ahead of your classmates because you'd have fewer graded items. However, if you do suck, then you'd a) be taken off the shortened syllabus and/or b) have fewer graded items w/ lower scores (which wouldn't be "good").