• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

If not Pilot, NFO?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Brett327 said:
You're a known double anchor hater. Nobody cares what you think. ;)

Brett

Yeah, but it's a love hate relationship! I don't even care what I think :D

B

Blutonski816

Pugs said:
There are always ups and downs through Naval Air, got jets (yea!) got Tactical Nav (yea!) got Prowlers (WTF?)

I just had to say... that almost made me laugh my lunch back up...

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
You'll do fine. Honestly I wasn't thrilled by the idea of going NFO in the beginning either (f#cked by the NAMI-whammy). I've ended up loving my job and I wouldn't be able to find a WSO in my squadron who doesn't...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Flygrl88 said:
, but I am not sure how much I would like not being in the driver's seat, AND I dont know if my stomach/head could take it sitting in the back of a jet/helo that I am not controlling

FYI. Helos don't have NFOs. Both guys are pilots.

I used to have the attitude that NFO was a bad deal because they don't drive. However, there are upsides. At least in the Marines, you know you're going TACAIR. Not my bag, but a lot of people have the "I only want jets attitude." If one really means that, he should go NFO--it's the closest thing to a jet guarantee there is.

The other thing is that NFOs can take FAC tours and other B billets designated for aviators. FAC isn't my dream job, but compare it to the B-billets other MOSs have to go for.

Lastly, knowing some NFOs now, they're generally pretty happy with their lot in life. I wouldn't have trouble trading jobs with one. I couldn't say that about a lot of other MOSs, like supply, ATC, or in the Navy, SWO. I don't know how those guys even bear going to work in the morning.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Women in SPECWAR?

WEGL said:
Why not put PILOT - SPECWAR - SUBS...? ;)

HarrierDude said:
'cause she's a woman

Maybe not today...but tomorrow?

gi_jane4s.jpg

GIJaneBig.gif

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
heyjoe said:
Maybe not today...but tomorrow?

gi_jane4s.jpg

GIJaneBig.gif

That was one of the best, more realistic movies EVER!! Like this one time, at SERE school, when I beat the crap out of one of the instructors............

Yeah, right.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
^^ Very Butch. Nice "dew" ... "Demi" ... where's Bruce ??? :)

They're still friends of sorts...of course after she did her SPECWAR Hollywood gig, he went out and got one of his own...at least they tried harder on authenticity of equipment and TTPs...

125046__tears_l.jpg

B0008JIJ2Y.01._PE38_.Tears-of-the-Sun-Directors-Extended-Cut._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg