• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Idiot Jet Blue Pilot

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
A JetBlue pilot opened the cockpit door when a passenger was trying to break in. Un-fucking-believable. Where do we get such idiots.

El Dahr | PDF | Special Agent | Affidavit (scribd.com)

7. On September 22, 2021, at approximately 2200 hours, your Affiant interviewed a
JetBlue Flight Attendant (FA) who was assigned JetBlue's Boston flight crew.

8. The JetBlue FA reported that on September 22, 2021, at approximately 1704 hours,
JetBlue flight 261 departed Boston (BOS) with a final arrival at San Juan (SJU). Passenger
KHALIL EL DAHR (EL DAHR) was assigned seat 6A, but was permitted to sit in 6C for more
space. Approximately one hour and ten minutes ( 1: I 0) prior to final arrival at San Juan (SJU), EL
DAHR attempted to make a telephone call and became angry about the call's unsuccess.
Approximately forty-five ( 45) minutes prior to final arrival at San Juan (SJU), EL DAHR pulled
himself out of his seat and rushed toward the flight deck yelling to be shot in the Spanish language.
The JetBlue FA physically redirected EL DAHR into the area in front of the front row before the
galley. As the JetBlue FA had EL DAHR corralled in the area before the galley on the right side
of the plane, a flight crew officer opened the cockpit door. EL DARR observed the door open and
then grabbed the JetBlue FA by their collar and tie with one hand while using his other hand to
grab the overhead compartment to gain leverage to kick. As the JetBlue FA was kicked in the
chest, EL DAHR yelled for the flight crew officer to shoot him. While EL DAHR was yelling, he
was still holding the JetBlue FA by their tie. This resulted in the tie tightening and ultimately
prevented the JetBlue FA from breathing. In response, the JetBlue FA released EL DA.HR to
loosen the tie to prevent from being choked and incapacitated. The JetBlue FA was then able to
loosen the tie and grab hold of EL DAHR to prevent him from successfully breaching the galley
area and gaining access to the flight deck.

9. The struggle continued until six (6) or seven (7) flight crew members were able restrain
EL DA.HR using makeshift restraints, which included the JetBlue FA's tie around EL DAHR's
ankles and seat belt extenders around EL DAHR's torso. EL DARR was moved to the rear of the
plane and restrained to a seat until the flight concluded.

taxi1

pilot
Do they give the FAs some kind of bonus or time off for their efforts? Haz duty pay?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good on the FA!! At least someone remembers their security training AND was willing to fight. I just can not fathom a pilot opening the door. He was likely too young to have a clear memory of 9/11 and has not been paying attention since he was old enough to comprehend.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
We don't have a choice on wearing ties. But after 9/11 went to clip ons like most LE agencies.
First thing I do when I get in the cockpit is take my tie off. Don’t put it back on until I get off the plane after landing.

Not because of bad guys but because I hate ties.