• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I noticed that the 4 flyover a/c for the Bears-Seahawks game yesterday were F-18s

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Harrier Dude,

My point exactly. If it was an A-4 flyby and you were a freshman, its been a while. Old school Naval Aviation is dead. I predict a bunch of guys are about to bail from the fighter community. Wayyyy to much BS and the Navy has taken the fun out of flying pointy gray jets. When the AF is having more fun flying fighters than the Navy, something has gone terribly wrong.

Falker

Not Air Force
The AF flybys are always better than the Navy. They dont get their wings yanked if they go below 1000' and over 250kts. I did the FL/GA flyby this year and while the timing was spot on, still got the "you should have seen these AF dudes a couple weeks ago." The Navy has gotten waaaayyyyy to PC. My hope is that one day our leadership will remember what they did when they were JO's. We cant fart these days without getting reprimanded. I'm not talking about being a complete idiot at 100' and 6 bills but 1000' and 250? Anyway.

Sorry bro, had to edit your post. There are people that arc around this forum that may not think that was as cool as you me and everyone else.

If it looks cool, then we probably arent allowed to do it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A wise man once told me, "Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answers to."
A WISE man ... ???

Harrumph.

I've been called intolerant, prejudiced, biased, chauvinistic, dogmatic, narrow, narrow-minded, obstinate, opinionated, partial, partisan, sectarian, slanted, small-minded, twisted, unfair, .... and yes ... even warped.

But I've NEVER been called a WISE man ... is that an insult ???

It was probably before HD's time anyway, but I did three (3) A&M flyovers while bumping & grinding @ NAS DALLAS ... it was an easy pop down the road from Big-D to Aggie-Land. There were basically NO restrictions, except don't crash. :)

jmcquate

Contributor
At the 2000 MLB All Star Game at Fenway, a Tomcat was fast and couldn't have been any lower with out hitting the stadium (Fenway has no upper-deck...he was low) and he continued down Comm Ave. setting off car alarms.

Python

pilot
Contributor
This is still a personal favorite of mine. Sorry if it's a repost. T-45C

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This is still a personal favorite of mine. Sorry if it's a repost. T-45C

Anybody know where that was? Youtube comments and the NFL short were no help. I can't read the whole runway number but the topography looks familiar.

navyterp67

pilot
Might be a repost, but...

I was outside of the stadium looking in the same direction as the video when this happened, and remember thinking holy s***! Couldn't see the plane as it went out of view into the stadium.