• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I have the scholarship, but they won't let me use it

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Schnuggapup said:
Really????...Dig in kids...it's good for you.
fat_kid.jpg

Well, I never looked like that, but... :D

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
zab1001 said:
I can assure you, no security investigator (a) is going to ask, or (b) gives a sh!t about asthma.
concur. I have been interviewed multiple times for another's security clearances. At no time did anyone ask about medical conditions.

BurbPunk

Alright, here's the most recent scoop. I went to a psychiatrist yesterday (some might say a shrink, certainly something of a highway robber as far as money).
He said that after a review of the records and speaking to me for a bit, that I'm getting screwed and that they have no case. I'm going back friday for some tests (very expensive and not covered by insurance with out a diagnosis, something i'm trying to prevent) He reccomended that I ask my Officer Recruiter if I could get MEPS to cover it. They don't even seem to be involved in this, but I gave it a try and much to my suprise (not), they said no.
I'm scheduled for more tests somewhere else soon and I plan to fight this hard. I already lost two appointments to the Naval Academy, don't need to lose this too.
Some of you mentioned giving up scholarships after a waiver was denied and going college program until they could be picked back up. Do you need to get the same DODMERB stuff done before joining as a college program midn?
I appreciate all of the comments, especially those from the people who have made it through this before. To those people, do any of you recall specific tests that convinced BUMED?
I understand what you guys with asthma waiver issues are dealing with, believe me. I wish all of you good luck. At least you guys can physically prove whether or not you have something; this case is a bunch of subjective nonsense where doctors that don't know me at all argue over the state of my mind. From personal experience, I think that it does pretty well.
Whether it works or not, this testing is likely to cost over $1000. Hopefully that alone will help to prove just how much I want this.
Does anyone know whether it's true that NROTC uses the waiver process to regulate the number of scholarships? More waivers for fewer scholarships, less waivers for more? The people dealing with my school change application (another difficult situation but more easily solved) said that the NROTC people always seem to magically get the numbers right. Is this how?

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
Son, that's how the ENTIRE MILITARY gets their numbers right.
Well, okay, except for extreme number fvck-ups like the Navy did this year...

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Mayday said:
Son, that's how the ENTIRE MILITARY gets their numbers right.
Well, okay, except for extreme number fvck-ups like the Navy did this year...

Amen - seller's market...easy enough to regulate it that way. Too many applicants? Roger that - not as many waivers.

mike172

GO NAVY
on the note of DQ

Ok so since were talking about DQs i thought id add mine. So here i am when i was first born i was 3.5 weeks early so i was real early. I weighted 3 pounds and was diagnosed with "possible" cerebral palsy. The "possible" means that they checked me and and werent really sure what was going on. They thought i would be left handed, they thought i would be full grown at 5'2 they thought i might be retarded or need a wheel chair ect. ect. ect. Well fast foward to the present i am in highschool doing track having friends writing with my right hand, getting decent grades. No one even suspects or knows that i might have had or have anything wrong with me cause honestly i dont. So my question is do i tell MEPS and the Marines that I have Cerebral Palsy and try to fight it out and prove that i am fully capable of doing any and all tasks, or do i not say anything and just move on. I know no one can actually answer this question for me it is up to me, but any input would be appreciated.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
According to your story, you DON'T have cerebral palsy, so what's there to tell? I don't think premature birth or CP are in any of the history questions, either. If they ask specifically about it, don't lie, but don't volunteer anything not asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.