• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I can't reach the map.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I had a student leave the map in the backseat in a TH-57...with no observer.

"Just how did you plan on getting your nav bag...walking out on the skid?"

I had mercy and gave him -1 and an incomplete.

Was watching that video and saw this in the link on youtube (explicit language), pretty funny stuff, says something about a foreign exchange guy and a T-38 IP who is trying to get him to turn the heat off. sorry if its a repost.
CRM - get some. I sure love screamers.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Do they not have beer fines in the USAF? Maybe it's just us but if we don't stow items properly or have FOD get lost in flight, then it's a beer fine. I've got a few buddies who have paid a 6 pack or two for losing a water-bottle in flight.

I'd ask for shiner. :D

Leaving stuff behind is one thing (and still serious) but losing control of a water bottle in flight? I fail to see the humor in that. Get that thing lodged behind a rudder pedal or in the stick movement and you've got a serious problem on your hands.

That said I've dropped all kinds of stuff in the jet (and recovered it immediately). Nothing like safeing the seat, and completely unstrapping over Baghdad because your Turkey sandwich is under the seat. Damn thing fell out of my helmet bag, it was Thanksgiving, and damnit I was having my turkey. Also had to fetch piss bags, NVG's, and other stuff. "I'll be doing some maneuvering over here incase you're wondering... be back with you in a sec"

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Leaving stuff behind is one thing (and still serious) but losing control of a water bottle in flight? I fail to see the humor in that. Get that thing lodged behind a rudder pedal or in the stick movement and you've got a serious problem on your hands.

That said I've dropped all kinds of stuff in the jet (and recovered it immediately). Nothing like safeing the seat, and completely unstrapping over Baghdad because your Turkey sandwich is under the seat. Damn thing fell out of my helmet bag, it was Thanksgiving, and damnit I was having my turkey. Also had to fetch piss bags, NVG's, and other stuff. "I'll be doing some maneuvering over here incase you're wondering... be back with you in a sec"

"Operation: turkey sandwich" over Baghdad put a smile on my face.:)

I've also heard the urban legend (on AW) of a pointy-nose type unstrapping, turning around, ass to the HUD, and shit into his helmet bag. Is this true??

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
That's the claim that my OPSO made. He said prior to that, he had a mental block that wouldn't allow him to pee in the plane. After the helmet bag incident, he said his mental block was gone. I wasn't there to see it, but he stuck to his story. I believe his was early on during Desert Storm. I don't think FOD was involved.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
"Operation: turkey sandwich" over Baghdad put a smile on my face.:)

I've also heard the urban legend (on AW) of a pointy-nose type unstrapping, turning around, ass to the HUD, and shit into his helmet bag. Is this true??

I know guys that have shit themselves in the jet, and there's an abundance of stories of guys successfully and unsucc. crapping into something, in the jet. Immodium is your friend for long missions.