• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I can't reach the map.

fresh

Naval Aviator and Harrier Jock
pilot
its a common occurence... especially for those folks who fly tiny british clown jets.....

MasterBates

Yah. If I don't have it in arms reach (read as under thighs or on glareshield) I am not going to be able to get it while flying. I learned that on BI-10, and have planned accordingly since.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
"If you're gonna do weird sh*t man, make sure you don't punch yourself out"

that made me laugh :D

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Do they not have beer fines in the USAF? Maybe it's just us but if we don't stow items properly or have FOD get lost in flight, then it's a beer fine. I've got a few buddies who have paid a 6 pack or two for losing a water-bottle in flight.

I'd ask for shiner. :D

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
It's only a 6 pack if you leave it in there when you are done with the flight. It's not a fine if you're a dumbass and you waste OpTar because you have hamhocks for hands. I'm guessing he was able to retrieve it prior to climbing off the jet.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
i gotta be honest w/ you... sounded like a pretty chill IP. I can't imagine getting that response here... then again, I don't drop maps :)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just go negative G, works great in the T-2 for dropped maps. ;)

HueyCobra8151

pilot
"I'm Fucked"
"Alright...Fuck it"
"*sigh* FUCK"

I love the military. I hope I never have to grow up and get a real job.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Just go negative G, works great in the T-2 for dropped maps. ;)

In Intermediates (T-2), on your very first night flight, you would fly this designated route that basically hit the big towns out west of Meridian. Well, we had to put together a little map of this route and use it in flight to update fuels/headings/timing/etc. No shit, I got airborne, leveled off and reached for my map only to drop it! Under the ejection seat nonetheless! I could just feel the tip of the paper, but couldn't get a hold of it. So I had to fess up to the IP. He just laughed at me and pointed out how painfully obvious the route was and told me to fly it visually (definitely didn't need a map for it).

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
"If you're gonna do weird sh*t man, make sure you don't punch yourself out"

that made me laugh :D

Doesn't really hold a candle to punching yourself out, but in the line of weird shit...I was flying a 172 out of Beaufort, NC. I had less than 50 hours, but I had my PPL. On climb-out about 400' AGL I wanted to adjust my seat forward. Can anybody figure out what happened next? Don't ever do weird shit when you're in an airplane.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
^ Don't know, what happened? I had a door fly open on me in a 152 on takeoff once. That was like my second flight ever, I almost crapped myself.