• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Huntin' season is upon us

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Curiosity killed the cat

Deere season is drawing to a close here in North Texas so I decided to try my hand at coyote hunting at night. It gets dark here by 6:00pm, and I was in the woods by 7:00pm. Not 2 minutes after getting set up and starting my call, this guy showed up in the tree line 50 yards away.

1stbobcat-2.jpg

He just sat there looking at me so I popped him square in the chest. What's funny is I was playing a coyote locate call and not a rabbit in distress call when he showed up. This is my first bobcat that I've killed and my first kill with my new AR, so I'm thinking about mounting him. He's no trophy, but I was pleased with him.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Tex, while a youngster in NM, (in the mid or late 60s) I was out rabbit hunting one night. Saw something rustling around in the bushes and came across what I thought was an abandoned kitten so small it would fit in the palm of my hand. I thought it was odd that a kitten could be born with such a short tail. As he got bigger I thought it odder still that these little tufts of hair were on the top of his ears. Anyway, I took him home, hand fed him for several weeks and pretty soon he got healthy. And big. And kept getting bigger. I finally realized that I had a bobcat as a pet. He was pretty cool, very rarely cried, but when he did it was almost spooky.

He used to sit on some elm tree stumps sunning himself and wait for the birds to land on the stump too. That made for a nice snack. Sometimes he would disappear into the treeline across from our house and come back with a pheasant or quail.

Mortimer weighed about 35 pounds when he died. A bit different color pattern, he was more grayish than brown like yours.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
That's pretty cool feddoc. I think this one is fairly young which would account for his color.