• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Huckabee vs. Obama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, for cryin' out loud... Hussein/Husein is a very common name in Arab and Arab-influenced areas, including Kenya, where Obama's (Christian) father, Hussein, was born. His mother is from Kansas. And one of our few allies in the Middle East is King Hussein of Jordan.

More to the point "Hussein" wasn't Saddam's last name or family name, either. His name followed common Arab naming structure, where you carry a "given" name, then your father's name, and sometimes your grandfather's name and a tribal or regional name. No Arab would have called him "President Hussein," he was called "President Saddam".

You might as well say we shouldn't elect anyone of Korean background named Kim.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So ya'll agree that having a name like Hussein is not comic gold worthy of pantomime on SNL or the daily show, and that there is nothing unusual on mainstream media's coverage of Barack Hussein Obama, a name that sounds suspicously close to two enemies of the US. Wow...

It seems a lot of people believe that it's unfair to bring up his name. there is no doubt in my mind that if he were an "evil republican" SNL would have some parody of him being asked about how he felt about his brothers execution. I mean it's not like democrats haven't called republican candidates names - Jim Webb and the "George Felix Allen, Jr" debacle who also brought up the fact that Allen (who isn't a junior) had... OMG.... Jewish Ancestry!!!

It would be intellectual dishonesty to suggest that if Barack Hussein Obama were a republican, that we would see the same coverage of his middle name...

You got your facts a bit wrong on fromer Senator Allen. Senator Webb's campaign did not make an issue of his Jewish ancestry, it was a Jewish newspaper and a local TV reporter at a debate that brought the issue up. Senator Allen's response was to accuse the reporter of 'making aspersions'. I did not hear Senator Allen's middle name once during the entire election season, and I live in Virginia.

As for Senator Obama's middle name, of course it could be used for comic material. But since when did SNL, the Daily Show or other widely watched, politically oriented comedy do that with anyone? I imagine we might see it sooner or later, but the writers are still on strike. Is that part of the conspiracy?

So why do A4s and others keep bringing it up? Over and over and over.......:confused:

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Ahhh, got me on that one.....wasn't loaded with religious meaning though, just a funny name. :D

That was the point I was getting across........
Maybe that's the point... can't blame them for not wanting to upset the Muslims... those guys blow up over the smallest things...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....Incidentally, A4s, Hillary Clinton was one of the first candidates to step out and start raising a fuss about Obama's middle name. You two have something in common. :)
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

SERIOUSLY !!??!! SHE DID IT??!! I did NOT know that ... but I knew the lady and I had "something" in common ... we have 5-6 common letters in our three (first-middle-last) names ...

And for Flash and the rest of the lib-confused ... I just think it "ironic" that most MSM don't mention the Senator-who's-not-ready-for-prime-time's middle name ... nothing more, nothing less. Especially when it's a "first" for this country and when we're in a "war" with segments of Islam. Especially when most of the electorate is so ignorant (unfortunately) that they get their politics from a sign on the side of a bus. :)

Again ... if Barak Hussein Obama were a Republican or just a meany ol' hao'le man ... what do you think??? You do the math.:)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Sorry Raptor, I don't think that is his only point, else why would he bring it up again and again and again.......:eek:
Sorry for you, Flash ... as young raptor10 is one of the few, the proud, who "gets it". :)

Cate

Pretty much invincible
And for Flash and the rest of the lib-confused ... I just think it "ironic" that most MSM don't mention the Senator-who's-not-ready-for-prime-time's middle name ... nothing more, nothing less.
What's Mike Huckabee's middle name? Mitt Romney's? John McCain's? What was John Kerry's middle name (I volunteered with his campaign, and I can't even remember - something with an F)? Middle names aren't generally considered too terribly germane to the issues discussed during campaign season. The only difference between Barack Obama and the other candidates (in that respect, anyway) is that he happens to, through no choice of his own, have a somewhat more evocative middle name. And the fact that there are plenty of people currently out there making a big ugly fuss about it means it's hardly a closely-guarded secret.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Oh, for cryin' out loud... Hussein/Husein is a very common name in Arab and Arab-influenced areas....
Unc ... that IS the whole point of the "middle name" commentary ... and but for the fact that he's a ultra-liberal DEM ... etc., etc. ... all the rest of the stuff that's already been mentioned.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
What's Mike Huckabee's middle name? Mitt Romney's? John McCain's? What was John Kerry's ....
I'll bet you $20 they're not a muslim-derivative ... which IS the whole point. I guess you just don't understand.

Kerry???
I know it's a "F", as in JFK.

Why WOULD I know what his middle name is without lookin' it up again? He doesn't even know who he is ... he feigned "surprise" when he found out he was Jewish, not 100% Killarney-Blarney Irish :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:.. shades of Madeline Albright (sp)?? Gary Hart(pence) (sic)?

The list goes on ... no wonder the Tribes of Israel were considered "lost". :)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
What was John Kerry's middle name (I volunteered with his campaign, and I can't even remember - something with an F)?

I think it was "Flip", and then he changed it to "Flop". Then he changed it back again. That way he could claim that he was flip before he was flop. :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Mitt Romney's first name is Willard.....so should his C/S be "Rat"??
It would be mandatory if he were in the Navy ....

Oh, wait. You can't be in the Navy when you're a "missionary" in the south of France during the Vietnam War ... :sleep_125

Recidivist

I can't really see that this is some big media conspiracy.

Seriously, are you all that riled up over a middle name? I'd vote for Turd Furgason if I thought he would best represent the country.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
I'll bet you $20 they're not a muslim-derivative ... which IS the whole point. I guess you just don't understand.
"Muslim-derivative," hmm? I don't suppose you mean "Arabic," "Arabic" being a language and "Muslim" being a religion, since Muslims speak all different languages and not all Arabs are Muslim?

And that's the thing -- Barack Obama has a scaaaary Arabic middle name. OOGA-BOOGA! It's not newsworthy because it doesn't mean anything. He didn't ask for it, he didn't change his middle name when he joined al Qaeda, he's not Muslim himself (not that it would mean anything if he were), he's of no relation to Saddam Hussein (or, for that matter, King Hussein, our Jordanian ally). Outside of paranoia on the part of some small segment of the electorate, his name has no more significance in the political spectrum than mine does. And that's why it's not headlining the morning papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.