• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Huckabee vs. Obama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
McCain's said in the past he wasn't interested in being VP - but then again, that was with Bush in '00, and there was briefly a "unity ticket" being bruted about with Kerry in '04. I think McCain was smart enough to see both of those as political traps. So I don't know if he's not interested in VP in and of itself, or it was just being VP with those two in particular. I can't see him running with Huckabee; McCain's no friend at all to the evangelicals, and that seems to be who Huckabee is counting on. If McCain weren't the nominee, I'd much rather see him in a cabinet post where he could really accomplish something (he'd make an excellent SecDef) or stay in the Senate, instead of beign squirreled away in a do-nothing job like VP.

I see your point about Carter as an outsider. But I think Carter's mistake was twofold: he saw the presidency as a magic wand that could cure all ills by pure desire (common Dem thinking), and he scolded America instead of inspiring.

I'm just sayin' - Obama seems a decent guy with some good ideas and wants to accomplish something. I'd much rather see him as the Dem nominee than even take a chance on Hillary being elected. That woman is interested in nothing but office and power for their own sakes. She's as utterly unprincipled as her husband, but without his political and saxaphone skills.

Nose

pilot
I'm just sayin' - Obama seems a decent guy with some good ideas and wants to accomplish something.

I'm a decent guy, got some good ideas, I'd like to accomplish something. Is that all it takes to earn your vote?

I'd like to see some relevant experience. And perhaps the guts to take a stand on something.

I'd much rather see him as the Dem nominee than even take a chance on Hillary being elected. That woman is interested in nothing but office and power for their own sakes. She's as utterly unprincipled as her husband, but without his political and saxaphone skills.

Can't argue with your last sentence, but of all the weasels....er, I mean democrats, she has the biggest balls.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I don't know that Hilary getting the nod from the Democratic Party is necessarily an automatic win for the GOP. She has two things going for her: The Clinton name, and the fact that she is more moderate than Bill.
Clinton has been doing a great job of trying to convince everyone that she's the moderate Democratic candidate. That is a facade. If elected, her true colors will show: she's a true-blue baby boomer lefty.

Tough call, not a democrap Id touch there. Thompson doesn't really want it so he's out, McCain has too much baggage, Rudy is an anti gunner, Huckabee WOULD be fine but he won't do **** to illegals. Shame, Alan Keyes would work but that ain't happinin.:eek:

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Thompson doesn't really want it so he's out...

These days, I've got more respect for someone who'd rather not be President, than someone who would. It at least indicates that they probably have a better idea of the realities of the job.

Washington never wanted the job, either. (...and no, I'm NOT comparing Fred to Washington. But, if his campaign ads consisted of just a clip of "son, you're average Russkie doesn't take a dump without a plan", then I'd probably vote for him.:D)

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
These days, I've got more respect for someone who'd rather not be President, than someone who would. It at least indicates that they probably have a better idea of the realities of the job.

Washington never wanted the job, either. (...and no, I'm NOT comparing Fred to Washington. But, if his campaign ads consisted of just a clip of "son, you're average Russkie doesn't take a dump without a plan", then I'd probably vote for him.:D)
So people shouldn't want to do things that are hard... duly noted... That's completely different than saying, "I'd rather work/fly/play with someone who doesn't want the job than someone who does," I guess...

Also it is inaccurate to say that Washington did not want the presidency, From the Philadelphia Convention on to the presidency Washington served in a capacity where he was unanimously elected and singularly driven to succeed in.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm a decent guy, got some good ideas, I'd like to accomplish something. Is that all it takes to earn your vote?
Not sure, but I'm looking forward to your campaign.
Good luck, let us know how it goes.;)

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
McCain seemed really exhausted in the debates the other night; he wasn't at his sharpest, although he did land a few jabs on Romney--I hope that doesn't impact the outcome in New Hampshire for him too badly. He does seem like the guy who could handle the current precarious situation(s). Obama just sounds like he is BSing and has not really researched foreign affairs at all; he's in the world of gross generalizations--scary.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
So people shouldn't want to do things that are hard... duly noted... That's completely different than saying, "I'd rather work/fly/play with someone who doesn't want the job than someone who does," I guess...
"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance."

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance."
"If I tell you that I am the best fighter, you will probably think I am bragging... If I tell you that I am a horrible fighter, you will know that I am lying!"

-Bruce Lee

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
After seeing the debates, my money is on Obama/Edwards vs. McCain/Huckabee
McCain/Huckabee have quite a few hurdles to get there...McCain is not the favorite of the old line GOP or the fundamentalist wing (despite making nice w/Pat Robertson)...Huckabee will also be attacked by many old line GOP for raising taxes while Governor of Arkansas (though he has the fundies' vote sewn up).

That being said if the Republican Party wants to beat the Dems that is what I see as the strongest ticket. McCain will get a bit of the independent vote (not as much as he would have in 2000) from Obama.

Interesting times.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
a few funny vids of Obama and Edwards....
watch

watch

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The best thing about the "race" today (can I say that these days??) is that the female candidate .... cried. :icon_lol::icon_lol: And she wants to be taken seriously. I laugh.

She cried. Teary-eyed. Hillary cried and Hillary died --- as a credible presidential candidate --- today. Or do you suppose she's just trying to be like John Edwards???

I'd vote for B. Hussein Obama for high-school class valedictorian. Nothin' more, nuthin' less ... :)

The rest??? :sleep_125

Status
Not open for further replies.