• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Huckabee vs. Obama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to play the "he's secretly a fundamentalist muslim! He went to a madrassa! His middle name is Hussein!" card(s).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to play the "he's secretly a fundamentalist muslim! He went to a madrassa! His middle name is Hussein!" card(s).
Who's playing anything, sonny??? Did I bring up the fundamentalist muslim card??? Or did you?? We usually mention things that are in OUR minds and then, of course, try to ascribe motivations to others. You did that; not me. I don't think he's ready for prime time. He's not qualified to be president. Period. Don't put words in my mouth.

I find it amusing --- I look with mirth at the fact that the main stream media is conspicuously absent on his middle name. I wonder if he were a WASP Republican??? And I wonder why that is .... hmmmmmm ??? 95%+ of the American electorate is probably ignorant of Senator Barak's personal and political history.
I'm not, by the way.

Save the cheap personal shots for those who might be impressed by them. You didn't win any points with me on this score.

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler

They are both tall men. Both have long faces and ears that stick out. They definitely aren't dead ringers and there are noticeable differences between them but there is something about Obama that reminds me of Abe. And, I think on a subconcious level, other people make that connection.

I'm not crazy. Compare their images.:D

joshmf

I find it amusing --- I look with mirth at the fact that the main stream media is conspicuously absent on his middle name. I wonder if he were a WASP Republican??? And I wonder why that is .... hmmmmmm ???

I think Obama is the only candidate whose middle name I DO know. I could reseach them, but the point is I'd HAVE to research them to learn their middle name, while with Obama I do not. So, I don't think the media has been conspicuously absent on this.

Not getting into anything else on him or endorsing him though.

Bugsmasher

Another Non-qual SWO Ensign
Obama gave the commencement address when I graduated from Northwestern. I gotta say it chilled me to the bone during the speech to think he might become president with a Democratic Congress at his back. Perhaps he was throwing out wide brushes of collectivist talking points just to impress a crowd of college kids, but glancing through his website isn't much comfort.

The only Dem candidate I can see even trying to come to the middle during the general election is Edwards and that's only because I know very little about him. Obama's core values are squarely on the left and I think that will be made clear during the general election, I only hope that message doesn't resonate.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I think Obama is the only candidate whose middle name I DO know. I could reseach them, but the point is I'd HAVE to research them to learn their middle name, while with Obama I do not. So, I don't think the media has been conspicuously absent on this.

Not getting into anything else on him or endorsing him though.
Naaaa ... I think they have been conspicuously absent. No problem with the media mentioning Hillary RODHAM Clinton ... (I am woman, hear me roar, etc., etc.) .... or George Herbert Walker Bush (sounds elitist and patrician), or Lyndon Baines Johnson or Richard Milhous Nixon (sounds kinda ridiculous) . But a DEM?? An "new-breed-change" anointed one?? With a name that sounds like the enemy??? And you don't see a connect, huh??? I wouldn't want you in the ONI side of the house. :D

We're in a war against radical Islam ... and we have our first (?) muslim-given name/surnamed candidate --- his name is a coincidence, but since he's a DEM ... it's hush, hush on the MSM's part. They wouldn't want to "hurt" his chances, 'cause he fits their view of the world and the "new" liberal, left America.

Just my opinion ... :)

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor

She cried. Teary-eyed. Hillary cried and Hillary died --- as a credible presidential candidate --- today. Or do you suppose she's just trying to be like John Edwards???

I'm curious to see how people take it. I figure it can go either way. A) She tears up? What a joke!! Or B) Wait, maybe she IS human!! ;)

Time will tell, I suppose.

joshmf

With a name that sounds like the enemy??? And you don't see a connect, huh??? I wouldn't want you in the ONI side of the house. :D

I guess I'm not that suspicious. My only point was that there are plenty of reasons to disagree with him politically, and we should focus on those.

And Hilary crying? Presidents aren't human, they need to perform and be held to a much higher standard. I could at least respect her before for having more balls then any female politician since Thatcher, but I guess not. Gimme a break.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I guess I'm not that suspicious. My only point was that there are plenty of reasons to disagree with him politically, and we should focus on those.

And Hilary crying? Presidents aren't human, they need to perform and be held to a much higher standard. I could at least respect her before for having more balls then any female politician since Thatcher, but I guess not. Gimme a break.
His only point is that, having a middle name of Hussein is just a bombshell of a story that could sprout endless jokes, heckling, political commentary and discussion (or at least what passes for that on the news) that it is surprising that the media is showing nothing of it... After all "Dubya" is one of the favorite derisions of the left.

The simple point is that if any other candidates middle name were Hussein i.e. Bush (I know he is not a current candidate), McCain, Romney (Look how much they play up his religion (cause he's different!!!)), Edwards, Clinton, Richardson, etc. they would not be getting a free pass...

Human nature has a law that if your name is Dicky Dorkelstein, you're gonna be made fun of... Unless you've got connections...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
His only point is that, having a middle name of Hussein is just a bombshell of a story that could sprout endless jokes, heckling, political commentary and discussion (or at least what passes for that on the news) that it is surprising that the media is showing nothing of it... After all "Dubya" is one of the favorite derisions of the left.

The simple point is that if any other candidates middle name were Hussein i.e. Bush (I know he is not a current candidate), McCain, Romney (Look how much they play up his religion (cause he's different!!!)), Edwards, Clinton, Richardson, etc. they would not be getting a free pass...

Human nature has a law that if your name is Dicky Dorkelstein, you're gonna be made fun of... Unless you've got connections...

Sorry Raptor, I don't think that is his only point, else why would he bring it up again and again and again.......:eek:

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Naaaa ... I think they have been conspicuously absent. No problem with the media mentioning Hillary RODHAM Clinton ... (I am woman, hear me roar, etc., etc.) .... or George Herbert Walker Bush (sounds elitist and patrician), or Lyndon Baines Johnson or Richard Milhous Nixon (sounds kinda ridiculous) . But a DEM?? An "new-breed-change" anointed one?? With a name that sounds like the enemy??? And you don't see a connect, huh??? I wouldn't want you in the ONI side of the house. :D
I have to disagree. Hillary Clinton chose to use her maiden name in her professional capacity, and she became known professionally as Hillary Rodham Clinton. George Bush the Elder is frequently referred to with middle names to distinguish him from the other George Bush who's often in the news. LBJ and Richard Nixon are referred to by those names far more frequently than they are by their full names. None of those middle names are a news story; they're just names. We also don't hear a lot about Bill Richardson's middle name or John Edwards's. But we sure do hear a lot of fuss about it from uber-conservative voices like Rush Limbaugh, and the Freepers are going nuts about it, so it's hardly this big, hushed-up secret.

Incidentally, A4s, Hillary Clinton was one of the first candidates to step out and start raising a fuss about Obama's middle name. You two have something in common. :)

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
So ya'll agree that having a name like Hussein is not comic gold worthy of pantomime on SNL or the daily show, and that there is nothing unusual on mainstream media's coverage of Barack Hussein Obama, a name that sounds suspicously close to two enemies of the US. Wow...

It seems a lot of people believe that it's unfair to bring up his name. there is no doubt in my mind that if he were an "evil republican" SNL would have some parody of him being asked about how he felt about his brothers execution. I mean it's not like democrats haven't called republican candidates names - Jim Webb and the "George Felix Allen, Jr" debacle who also brought up the fact that Allen (who isn't a junior) had... OMG.... Jewish Ancestry!!!

It would be intellectual dishonesty to suggest that if Barack Hussein Obama were a republican, that we would see the same coverage of his middle name...

Status
Not open for further replies.