• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ht-28???

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's a new squadron called HT-28 "Hellions." They pulled IPs out of 8 and 18 to man it up. I don't know when the COC is or was, but it is soon. So it is true.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
The commissioning will be in May with the first batch of students arriving in June. The XO of 18 will be the CO of 28 and the PXO is in the HITU right now. HT-28 will have alternating Navy and Marine CO's like HT-18. They will not pull students out of 8/18. So the first class of students will be twice the normal size of a regular class. Instructors that are slated to go to 28 will continue to fly stud's in their original squadron until there are students to fly in 28. Cat 2/3 guys wont be needed until end of July or August as the students need to get through ground school and fams (Cat 1). The call sign for 28 is "Lucky" and 7Exxx.

Smoke

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Would the first group of students in HT-28 (I'm assuming this is true) be considered "plankowners" or would that be reserved solely for the instructors and other permanent squadron staff? I'm not exactly sure how that stuff works.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Would the first group of students in HT-28 (I'm assuming this is true) be considered "plankowners" or would that be reserved solely for the instructors and other permanent squadron staff? I'm not exactly sure how that stuff works.

No, usually just the staff........

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Have heard rumors that this will be a joint squadron (a la VT-3), any truth to this?

By joint do you mean Air Force? If so then no. I will be going into 28 and have been to most of the stand-up meetings. There has been no talk of this at all.

Smoke

Rubiks06

pilot
Yeah i saw i think the PXO in the barber shop yesterday sporting the heltraron-28 Hellions patch. Took me a second to realize what he was.....squadron patch looks pretty cool.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
I heard that all the top guys from primary (i.e. above a 50 NSS) will get sent to 28, and will have the option of transitioning back over to fixed-wing.

Who'd I hear this from? Well, uh,.......