• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HSV 2 sunk by Iranian supplied ASCM

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
It's really sad to see because I've seen it in person before and it was a cool ship. It's funny, you never know how things are going to end up or what the future holds.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I know a guy from my first squadron who deployed on it (or maybe it was -1). He said on station it was fine, but crossing the Pacific it was a vomitorium.

By the way, who names a ship class after a venereal disease?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Sounds like this was much more of a legit act than the Iranian one a few months ago. Interesting.

azguy

None
Great job by my bros on the MASON. You don't have much time to react when a missile pops up on the horizon. These guys executed flawlessly.

Sounds like this was much more of a legit act than the Iranian one a few months ago. Interesting.

Yeah, this is a big deal. I don't know when the last time an ASCM was launched at a USN ship...tanker wars maybe?

BigRed389

None
Great job by my bros on the MASON. You don't have much time to react when a missile pops up on the horizon. These guys executed flawlessly.

Yeah, this is a big deal. I don't know when the last time an ASCM was launched at a USN ship...tanker wars maybe?

Yeah C802s aren't the most advanced thing flying but they're still fast enough and deadly enough to kill you.

Most ASCM history is a bunch of guys who got complacent getting sucker punched outside an actual war. This is a better datapoint for what an alert crew can do.

azguy

None
Yeah C802s aren't the most advanced thing flying but they're still fast enough and deadly enough to kill you.

Most ASCM history is a bunch of guys who got complacent getting sucker punched outside an actual war. This is a better datapoint for what an alert crew can do.

This is the key takeaway. Training, tactics, and mindset matter. Technology isn't everything; just as a second-world army shot down one of our most advanced fighter jets (F-117) with an SA-3, a C-802 can easily take out an AEGIS ship if the crew doesn't have their shit together.

hscs

pilot
This is the key takeaway. Training, tactics, and mindset matter. Technology isn't everything; just as a second-world army shot down one of our most advanced fighter jets (F-117) with an SA-3, a C-802 can easily take out an AEGIS ship if the crew doesn't have their shit together.
Completely agree.

The people are the weapon system.