• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

how to support boyfriend just starting OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Be careful of the pics you send. Anything that a DI might think is questionable will be taken. If the DI sees the word photos on the envelope he will make the person open them up right on the spot. Also be careful not to write anything on the outside of the envelope thats not needed. The comments like love XXX or whatever make an easy target.

Dave

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
DBF says he loves getting pictures. I highly recommend getting a digital camera if you don't already have one. I take pictures almost every day and include them in my letter that night. I just print them directly onto the paper I'm writing my letter on so the DI doesn't make him open it in front of him.

grouch

Man that is rough turbo. How did she tell you, in a letter? Did the DIs read it outloud to everybody? Man that has to suck.

turboweeny

Well, if your boyfriend cannot handle any more 'stress,' then maybe he should call that truck driving school that Goose talked about.
brokenheart_125.gif
Really, I found that relationships in the Navy work out the best if there is 'more' to your relationship than just each other; ie, you will each go through changes, alone, you need someone else to help you through this trying time, and so he will.

spyce

Originally posted by turboweeny
Well, if your boyfriend cannot handle any more 'stress,' then maybe he should call that truck driving school that Goose talked about.
brokenheart_125.gif
Really, I found that relationships in the Navy work out the best if there is 'more' to your relationship than just each other; ie, you will each go through changes, alone, you need someone else to help you through this trying time, and so he will.
Finally, someone speaking some truth about relationships in the Navy! Megan, if you'd like to help your boyfriend prepare for OCS, why not buy him a box of condoms... will prevent unseemly post-OCS pregnancies.

Hope this helps!

Kimphils Girl

Hi Megan! I think that the Navy reimburses you for travel and lodging expenses when you go to visit your OC for the Dining Out. Check out the OCS website for information on that. That's what I’m gonna find out about for when I go visit my OC anyway! Hope this helps!
- Wendy

Stay strong kimphil! Its only a mind game!

solenita72

SWO Wife
I sent my husband lots of mail, a few pictures, but the DI's will look through them if they think that is what is in them. I was fortunate to be able to go and see him several times, and we talked alot on the phone. He had a few calling cards, but had his cell phone in his car. When my husband first left, there was no support here for me, and I didn't really get anything that he was about to go through, all I know is that I left him in P-cola, which was the hardest thing that I have ever done. Shortly after that I found this web site, and a few journals, that filled me in on alot of what was going on. It helped that I new some of the things that he would tell me about, and then other things I could ask him about. Find someone who is going through it, and talk with them. I started chatting with Hartmansgirl, and even though her OC was behind mine it helped to be able to chat with someone!!! My husband also got to know her OC, so it made a difference, it was not like we were in two different worlds anymore!! Our daughter drew pictures for her dad and I sent them, too.

Good luck, pm me if you need to chat!

solenita72

SWO Wife
Oh, by the way...Navy reimbursment for dates going to Dining Out??? lol!!!! Sorry not to be sarcastic, but it is hard enough to get them to reimburse us for getting my husband down there!!

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
Wendy...thanks for the info, and even if it isnt true, thanks for passing it on anyways...because now that Solenita let us know it isnt true...we both got to find out! m now. HartmansGirl has given me a TON of info and basically kept me up to speed on all you filled her in on, and I plan on doing the same for any one else who comes on here as clueless about OCS as I was! Thanks for the info about the Dine Outs on the other forum site too! Solenita, congrats on your husbands graduation! How was the ceremony? well, thanks again to all!

ghost_ttu

grouch are you jealous? We could all get together and send you mail at OCS if that is the case. We'd even send care packages and write lovely notes on the outside of the envelope and make sure they smell precious. Let me know if you need me to get this arranged.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.