• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to open an F-22 canopy

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
heyjoe said:
..... "Spam" ....
A.K.A. .... Honolulu haute cuisine ...... with 'da gravy, two scoops of rice, a side of mac salad and large fruit punch. Hey, Bruddah .... You broke da mouth! :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
A.K.A. .... Honolulu haute cuisine ...... with 'da gravy, two scoops of rice, a side of mac salad and large fruit punch. Hey, Bruddah .... You broke da mouth! :)

What IS the fascination with Spam there anyway?

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Ugh. I think i once saw that in the bowl after a two day binge of alcohol, niccotine, caffeine and bento boxes.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
What IS the fascination with Spam there anyway?
[Threadjack, I believe]

Long story short ... WW2, rationing, little/no space in Island-bound cargo holds for meat from the mainland, sooooooooo .... many pigs grown on 'da Island for meat --- easier than beef .... and refrigeration?

WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKIN' REFRIGERATION !!! 'Cause SPAM is the answer.

ALSO .... you Territory-concerned Bruddah's are aware that Kahala ... yes, that same tony, high-end, ultra-expensive, beautiful-people only need apply 'burb of Honolulu ..... used to be a huge WW2 Pig Farm !!??!!

Ergo ... Hawaiians love spam. Corned beef, too. And for the same reasons. Ditto for Filipinos ... again--- WW2, little/no refrigeration, GI's, all the usual suspects. :)

[Threadjack ... OUT. I believe ... ]

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
[Threadjack, I believe]

Long story short ... WW2, rationing, little/no space in Island-bound cargo holds for meat from the mainland, sooooooooo .... many pigs grown on 'da Island for meat --- easier than beef .... and refrigeration?

WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKIN' REFRIGERATION !!! 'Cause SPAM is the answer.

ALSO .... you Territory-concerned Bruddah's are aware that Kahala ... yes, that same tony, high-end, ultra-expensive, beautiful-people only need apply 'burb of Honolulu ..... used to be a huge WW2 Pig Farm !!??!!

Ergo ... Hawaiians love spam. Corned beef, too. And for the same reasons. Ditto for Filipinos ... again--- WW2, little/no refrigeration, GI's, all the usual suspects. :)

[Threadjack ... OUT. I believe ... ]

Spam...I'll pass...thnaks anyway, though!

cWood30

PLC Sr's Candidate
A4sForever said:

I'll just reinforce this notion. I just got done rooming with two Filipino guys for the past year. Let me tell ya, I got used to the smell of Spam at 3 in the morning every other day pretty damn quick. Amazing what you can do with some rice, egg, spam, and soy sauce! But man, I hated the stuff at first. :tongue2_1

kanakAttack

how much for the ape?
cWood30 said:
I'll just reinforce this notion. I just got done rooming with two Filipino guys for the past year. Let me tell ya, I got used to the smell of Spam at 3 in the morning every other day pretty damn quick. Amazing what you can do with some rice, egg, spam, and soy sauce! But man, I hated the stuff at first. :tongue2_1

Welcome to the dark side! That is my favorite anytime meal. However, in the islands soy sauce is refered to as Shoyu (sp?). Just a little FYI for when you are over there.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
kanakAttack said:
Welcome to the dark side! That is my favorite anytime meal. However, in the islands soy sauce is refered to as Shoyu (sp?). Just a little FYI for when you are over there.
[Contunuing threadjack -- who cares about F-22 canopies, anyway ???:):)]

DARK SIDE ??? DARK SIDE ??? It's 'da Island side, Bruddah ..... a "plate lunch special" and a little shoyu on top .... and always good eatin'!!

ALOHA !!

spacer.gif
regular.jpg
masusalohaweekendspecial-thumb.jpg

kanakAttack

how much for the ape?
Hah Hah! I only meant dark side in that most of the mainland has a strong aversion to spam. As for the Aloha shoyu, that stuff is pure nectar! I used to make my family mail it to me in California until L&L moved out here. Now I can get plate lunch in Huntington Beach and take some Aloha home for da sticky rice when I grill my own food. It makes CA a little more tolerable, but like Dorothy said 'there's no place like home' especially when home is Hawaii!

EDIT: accidental smile attachment removed