• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to open an F-22 canopy

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
phrogdriver said:
I hate Family Circus.
I don't know, compared to most of the stuff you find in the "funnies" these days, I'd have to rate it pretty highly...

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Slammer2 said:
its better than that doonsbury anti-war bull****
Amen to that.

I wish that they would run old Calvin & Hobbes cartoons. THose were awesome.
Foxtrot and Zits aren't bad.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Just out of curiosity... how does AWACS give control to an F-22... if the F-22 is stealth? Seems that the AWACS wouldn't know where it is???

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
Just out of curiosity... how does AWACS give control to an F-22... if the F-22 is stealth? Seems that the AWACS wouldn't know where it is???
That's probably beyond the OPSEC barrier.

Brett

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Didn't realize the Raptor had a side-stick... does the JSF have the same?

But the cockpit layout looks very much like the Rhino.

Wonder how long it'll take to un-FOD that shizznit...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fighter data links

VetteMuscle427 said:

Open source comments on F-22 data link capability (note: JTIDS = L16 which gives AWACS PPL info on all players in that net):

F-22 Inter/Intra-Flight Data Link (IFDL)

The TRW Communications/Navigation/Identification (CNI) system includes an intra-flight datalink, JTIDS Joint Tactical Information Distribution System link, and an Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) system. Boeing is responsible for mission software and avionics integration. Included in the Communications/Navigation/Identification (CNI) system is an Inter/Intra-Flight Data Link (IFDL) that allows all F-22s in a flight to share target and system data automatically and without radio calls. The Inter/Intra Flight Data Link is one of the powerful tools that make all F-22s more capable. One of the original objectives for the F-22 was to increase the percentage of fighter pilots who make 'kills'. With the IFDL, each pilot is free to operate more autonomously because, for example, the leader can tell at a glance what his wing man's fuel state is, his weapons remaining, and even the enemy aircraft has targeted. Targets can be automatically prioritized and set up in a shoot list with one button push. Both a pilot's and wing man's missile flight can be monitored on the cockpit displays. This link also allows additional F-22 flights to be added to the net for multi-flight coordinated attack.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That pilot looks pissed :)

134 million and they didn't put a manual open or emergency jettison on it?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tep ten things that run through your mind when stuck in the cockpit

Fly Navy said:
That pilot looks pissed :)

134 million and they didn't put a manual open or emergency jettison on it?

Gee, I wonder what is on his mind....top ten potential thoughts:

10) Guess no ACM hop today
9) Can't wait to get my hands on that guy with the camera
8) They can't be planning to use that saw on the canopy with me in here....Wonder how low I can run this seat down
7) Sure is comforting to see Crash and Salvage guys in their Space Suits...wonder what they know that I don't
6) Let me check again,,,seat is safe, seat is safe
5) Wouldn't you think LMCO would have a backup for canopy release
4) And I picked today to forget to bring my IPod
3) Some people only get 15 minutes of fame...look at the attention I'm getting for 5 hours
2) Can't wait to see the Internet buzz on this one (Priceless comments for sure!)
1) Can't wait to find out what my new callsign is (Tuna, Charlie...?? B2 for Bubble boy???)