• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to Dress when meeting Officer Recruiter for the first time

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
^ Slight threadjack.....
I caught the Diners, Drive ins, and Dives episode when Guy Fieri went to the Varsity.....
that place does look awesome!!

bluesig1

sure thing
None
I understand all, and very good points. But the recruiter doesn't have any say on your selection. He is merely the facilitator that gets your completed package to the board. At least, that was how it was when I was in.

Everyone's experience will be different, I suppose. Most of the times I saw my recruiter we for minutes to check in or do some other odds and ends. Nothing major. If I were to be going for an official interview, I think everyone would dress appropriately. Social norms are not quite the same today as they were XX numbers of years ago.

I thought the recruiter gives a brief summary of the candidate in question, and may put not recommended, recommended, or highly recommended. The recruiter may not be on the boards themselves, but in essence, they can dissuade the board with a bad review if they do not like you.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
You still want that recruiter to work hard for you. If you look, sound, and act like a bag of ass, he's not going to put the time and effort into what he perceives is a weak candidate.

Nafod

Change I can belive in
Well for those of us that weren't the preppy jock type I recommend some sort of personal grooming and clean clothes. I showed up with quite a bit more hair than I have now and in jeans and a t-shirt. You cant go wrong with dusting off a pair of khakis and a polo but I think recruiters have an ability to tell good candidates from bad ones anyway.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Well for those of us that weren't the preppy jock type I recommend some sort of personal grooming and clean clothes. I showed up with quite a bit more hair than I have now and in jeans and a t-shirt. You cant go wrong with dusting off a pair of khakis and a polo but I think recruiters have an ability to tell good candidates from bad ones anyway.

BINGO. The "diamond in the rough", if you will.

Hell, even Richard Gere with his love of Gerbils got in...

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
^ Slight threadjack.....
I caught the Diners, Drive ins, and Dives episode when Guy Fieri went to the Varsity.....

It totally is man. Chilidogs, chillicheeseburgers, fries and onion rings. NOM NOM NOM. I don't go there but maybe once a year or so because it's that greasy.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
^ Slight threadjack.....
You need to go visit Ben's Chili Bowl up off U Street metro stop if you haven't already.