• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to avoid boredom while running on a treadmill

Status
Not open for further replies.

tydaddy

yea...from now on...i'm thinking of littledancerus....lol...but seriously, if you want good running/workout music...try system of a down...any damn song of theirs will do fine!!!

tydaddy

haha...never knew that had any videos...not a fan of the band...just their music...if that makes sense? lol

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I'm just going to try and focus on running now. A guy fell of the back of his treadmill right next to me the other day. The girls on the stairmasters saw the whole thing.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
So the Gods of PT decided to punish me for mocking the treadmill. So soon as I open my mouth about hating them, I get shin splints & will be stuck on the damned thing for a week or two. Ahhh, sweet irony, how I missed thee.

btw, I'm gonna try *real* hard not to fly off 'em like our boy did. lol

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Did that guy who fell off the treadmill get up and act like nothing happened, hoping that no one noticed? Don't you hate that when you stub your toe and stumble?

owwy that would hurt... I found something to keep me entertained on the treadmill now! Some of the ones at my gym have tvs attached to the front of the treadmill and if you bring headphones, you can watch whatever you want while you run. I never had good enough headphones to run in (the one's I had would just bounce off my head) but I just got some and watching tv is helping a lot! So sorry for you guys who think I should check out other girls... I try to do it for ya when there aren't any of the treadmills with tvs available... haha

JKD

My MP3 Player came with some little headphones that clip over the ear. They stay one pretty well. These are made by RCA, but I've seen other brands at WAL-MART.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
The guy who bailed of the treadmill tried to act natural about it...as much as possible when you just looked like an a$$ in front of a bunch of people. His leg was bleeding because the treadmill kept running and skinned him a little bit. It was hilarious in that 'please God don't let that happen to me' kind of way. I laughed at him.

tydaddy

...i would've started laughing and probably fell off as well...then the person beside me would've done the same...it would've been like domino's

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
When going to run on a treadmill, I bring a pocket full of acorns and throw them at people...just so they're confused...I then keep mumbling something about Mother Nature's vendetta...this usually clears the general area and allows me to run in peace until security arrives. I then turn up the speed really high while screaming "You'll never catch me!!" and throwing the remaining acorns in their general direction. Needless to say I need to find a new gym every week.

songbird747

I don't believe in purgatory, but if there is one, I should be exempt: the treadmills at my gym face the pool, and all I see when I look out is the cast of Cocoon doing water aerobics. I survive with some Zeppelin in my headphones, perhaps the promise of a Miller Lite at week's end, and in my case watching the guys pump iron just a few feet away. Having other people around is a definite motivation factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.