• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to avoid boredom while running on a treadmill

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
The girls on the stairmasters across from the treadmills. They look better than Stuart Scott.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Originally posted by DocT
The girls on the stairmasters across from the treadmills. They look better than Stuart Scott.

Absolutely. Although I think treadmills are demoralizing, I'd much rather run outside if possible. Headphones are another biggie.

1W2gtH

Yeah, i am so sick of treadmills, but it is freakin cold in Mi, I better stop being loser and just go outside and run.

snizo

Supply Officer
I can't stand treadmills -- I always run outside. I'm fortunate enough to live in Georgia, though, where we don't get much snow.

Running in snow is like running on the beach ... harder work -- better for you! haha

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Treadmills where I run are parked right in front of a bunch of TV's. Watching gets your attention focused somewhere besides running, which in turn makes running easier. At least that's how it works for me.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
the treadmills where I am forced to run in the winter are in front of tv's too..but it bothers me to listen to music or watch tv...so I set my treadmill screen to show distance covered (I run for a certain distance, not for time). Besides..the girls on the treadmills surrounding me beat anything that's on TV..Man..I LOVE NEW YORK!!!!

twidget

Deskaholic
How about downloading the OCS memorization from Jaerose's site, and putting them on an MP3 player. There are also running cadences if you know where to look.

The treadmill is agony...There is no TV where I run... Stare at a crack in the painted yellow cinder block wall and recite in my head passages from Kahlil Gilbran's, The Prophet and make myself run at least 5 minutes w/o looking at the clock (if I do I add another 2 minutes to the run). You gotta do whatever you can, I suppose.

jpc2004

I like using the treadmill for interval work. Depending on the machine you can preset times and setting, this allows you to regulate your work out and get the best from the treadmill. Interval trainning will help you with your stamina and also decrease your run times. I like to warm up for 10 minutes, then for 2-3 minutes run at 80% max speed, then cool down for 1-2 minutes. Do that 4-6 times and then for the next ten minutes do the same but increase the incline to 10, and walk at a force march speed concentrating on extending your legs. Then lastly run at normal speed for 5 minutes and then cool down. I hope this helps, it also the best way to loose weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.