• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to avoid boredom while running on a treadmill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzodogg

Originally posted by twidget
How about downloading the OCS memorization from Jaerose's site, and putting them on an MP3 player. There are also running cadences if you know where to look.

I'm clueless, what is this stuff?

twidget

Deskaholic
It's "The Big Four", the things you need to memorize for OCS. It includes: the chain-of-command, the Code of Conduct, the General Orders of a Sentry, and the Navy and Marine Corps rank structure.

edit- Sorry, forgot which board this was posted under. This is required for Navy OCS, I'm not sure about USMC.

flyinsioux

you guys think you have it bad. I dont get the choice to run out side, I am always on the tredmill or running around a stupid tiny track. I go to school in North Dakota. yeah I picked it but you all should know i didnt think it was going to be as cold as it is. Just so you all know last week the low was -44degrees with out wind chill. Now motivation for running on the tredmill, knowing that if i dont get my crapper in gear then i might be at the back of the pack at OCS. self motiovation.
Keep it up, its worth it

utrico

Applying for OCS
If you are going to run on a treadmill, try this: Get a magazine with a hot girl on the cover and put it over the display. If you don't have a magazie at the gym just cover it with a towel. The important thing is to not be able to see the clock ticking by. I can run a whole lot longer if I don't think about it. Oh and by doing that you can really concentrate on what is important. That is, of course, staring at girls.

Ok, I am a girl, so looking at hot girls doesn't do anything for me while running. Our treadmills face big floor to celing windows, so I just people watch mostly. It's really dull...... it's alright if I'm doing intervals because it's like the time gets chopped up, but on long runs it's bad...

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Originally posted by littledancerus
Ok, I am a girl, so looking at hot girls doesn't do anything for me while running.

Sure, but it does plenty for us if we catch hot girls checking out hot girls. Think about it next time. Take one for the team, dear.
eyebrows_125.gif

aerodragonq

Its all in your mind, no pain no gain right. Well to me the best way to avoid boredom while on the threadmill is to have a walkman with you or trying to think about the beach, and how nice you will fit in your uniforms, bottomline is trying to think of some good outcome of the workout. Its a mental thing...

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
You know what's really fun? Running on a treadmill in the bowels of a carrier while that sumbeetch is moving like crazy, and then having the ship's XO dog you about using a towel. That's fun. But seriously, using an MP3 player with tunes that'll get you pumped make it go by so much faster. (try using Offspring's "hit that")

P.S. Taking one for the team rules

Status
Not open for further replies.