• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How the Marines will affect your mentality

markvanes

I thought OCS was a good "douchebag-filter". What kind of douchebags slide through to TBS? Seems like every Marine officer would be good to go.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
99.9% are, there are the few exceptions that slip through the cracks but everyone knows their names quickly and they dont last long

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought OCS was a good "douchebag-filter". What kind of douchebags slide through to TBS? Seems like every Marine officer would be good to go.
I like that concept - douche bag filter. That's genius! Is that like a little cartridge that you insert into the douche nozzle before the whole apparatus gets inserted?:D While we're on topic, wouldn't douche nozzle really be a more emphatic insult? I mean, the douche nozzle is really the business end of the douche. Why not call somebody a douche nozzle?

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like that concept - douche bag filter. That's genius! Is that like a little cartridge that you insert into the douche nozzle before the whole apparatus gets inserted?:D While we're on topic, wouldn't douche nozzle really be a more emphatic insult? I mean, the douche nozzle is really the business end of the douche. Why not call somebody a douche nozzle?

Brett

You, sir, have a dirty dirty mind. And I love it. :D

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot

I know of a few douche bags who made it through OCS. The ones that slide through are the ones who manage to do just well enough to graduate.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor

Brett
"Douche Nozzle?" I'm using that tomorrow, unless you've already got some kind of copyright on it...

phrogpilot73

As for the douche-bags, douche-nozzles, or vinegar water that makes it through. I think there were two, maybe three in my TBS company. One of them got grunts. Surprising? Not really, talking to my SPC later on down the pike (he's a Huey pilot and stationed down here in J-action-ville), they did it on purpose to weed him out. He was one of those guys that did just enough, and didn't skyline himself to squeak by. So they gave him grunts, and he got relieved after being a platoon commander for 2 months. Ended up sitting at some desk job for 3 years and getting out.

sublime steve

Who's scruffy lookin?
All right thank you all for your your responses. Basically what I'm getting out from all your advice is that my small habits will probably change but how much my personality changes will largely depend on how I deal with the training. That's good because I know I'm stong enough to do what I know is right. But Im definitely looking forward to boosting my confidece and fighting with the best. I guess I just got a little scared seeing myself in the future being a loner while smoking a few packs a day with tatooes all over my arms. Thank You once again and Happy 230th!

SgtUSMC

I will say that the only thing that you can count on changing for sure is you will probably loath those individuals who turn their nose up at you, or give you "the cold shoulder" as you put it, because you will know how tough the path you have chosen is and want them to respect you for taking it.

Good luck.

Screamtruth

นักมวย
I know Marines who don't swear. You want to know a little secret? Nobody gives a sh t. Marines are more concerned with your performance as a Marine.
Well put. I knew a lot of guys who sounded hard, looked hard.......but.....

I don't care who you are or where you're from......when it comes time to play, that is all that matters.