• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long is your Flight Physical good for?

phrogpilot73

Unless of course, that isn't what happens. It's great that worked for you, but it's kind of a crap shoot on what will actually happen from person to person. I had a flight physical w/in the last 6 months, and I got the whole shebang.
Same here, only it was 4 months apart...

Junior

pilot
Unless of course, that isn't what happens. It's great that worked for you, but it's kind of a crap shoot on what will actually happen from person to person. I had a flight physical w/in the last 6 months, and I got the whole shebang.
Never assume anything when it comes to NAMI.

SlickAg

pilot

It's a fairly recent development. This is the way it was for everyone who went through in the spring of 06, and it's still the policy as far as I know.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's a fairly recent development. This is the way it was for everyone who went through in the spring of 06, and it's still the policy as far as I know.

That's good to hear. It pissed me off to hear the "reason" for my physical (given by an O-6 flight doc in Jax) was because he wasn't one of "their" docs. Um, he's a flight doc. That should be good enough. I hate that place.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Oh, young jedi you have no idea...

It's a longer version of the long form. NAMI measures you 7 ways from Sunday, only when you pass the dreaded "NAMI Whammy" are you PQ/AA...

I've already been passed by NAMI once, now I have to go back and do it all over again. GEE I CAN'T FRigging wait!!!! What was the point of going the first time then? I am getting to old and my eyes worse every day.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for all the good info

So my initial flight physical is still good until nov 08, by that time I will have already reported to API, since I finish TBS/IFS in Mid July 08. More or less, I am good and have no need to worry until I report to API.

When I report to API is the Physical a long version (same as my initial) or the short (up chit type)? Since I have already been PQ the first time.

Maybe I missed something, but can't you just look at your upchit? It says when it expires.

Carno

Insane
It's no big deal if your physical is expired or will expire during TBS. Mine was expired and I just got a new one while at TBS.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Is it just me, or is everything but the vision portion of a flight physical about useless? I swear, I could probably get though a short form with a severed leg and no one would notice if I didn't volunteer the information.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Is it just me, or is everything but the vision portion of a flight physical about useless? I swear, I could probably get though a short form with a severed leg and no one would notice if I didn't volunteer the information.

And hearing...but only to a certain degree.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
The flight physical to get into flight school lasts for two years. When you get down to API, you will have another flight physical and get your up-chit. After that, you need a flight physical every year on your birthmonth.

Just a point of clarification, OPNAV does not stipulate a difference between the initial flight physical and the annual. Therefore the flight physical you recieve when you sign your contract will expire prior to getting to Pensacola. Fortunately it isn't a big deal since you are not in a flight status at until you get there and EVERYONE gets a full physical when they check in prior to API.

Now you may wonder how they fly you during IFS. Well the answer is simple, the Navy's Flight Physical does not count in regards to flying civilian aircraft and a seperate FAA physical is required, expires every 3 years. If you have questions reference OPNAV 3710.7T page 8-24 concerning Flight Physicals.

ALL Navy Flight Physicals are good from the date of exam to the end of the NEXT birthday month unless it is after the first day of the preceeding month in which case it is valid to the following birth month.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Just push the button every two seconds... Works for me ;)

Then you get a 150dB automated voice saying "YOU ARE PRESSING THE BUTTON WHEN THERE IS NO TONE. PRESS THE BUTTON ONLY WHEN YOU HEAR A TONE!" I think that voice was so loud it actually harmed my hearing more.

ItsTurboTime

It's no big deal if your physical is expired or will expire during TBS. Mine was expired and I just got a new one while at TBS.
I'll second that. I just finished IFS and was trying to get my flight physical done before Alpha picks up. When I got to talking to the flight corpsman at Ray Hall and she told me they knock out all the flight physicals on one Saturday, I think they said it would be next month (Nov).