• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long are you waiting to class up for API?

Wait times change like the wind. I'll be in A-Pool for at least a month before I even Class up for IFS. Just enjoy the off time. It could be worse. You could be waiting around and not get paid *cough* IRR *cough*

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
6 month wait, here. I did see a couple ENS's checking into the RAG when i was leaving. I def enjoyed my pool time :D

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
This past summer, I waited 2 weeks to class up for IFS, 1 week for API (due to some tricky maneuvering on my part), then straight in to DIVOLC followed by primary; the pipeline is moving fairly quickly as of a month or so ago.

3 months since I checked in, and I'm back in A-Pool (post IFS). DIVOLC next week, and then at least 2-3 weeks til API.

Directly from above, they want to tell us our API start date about 3 weeks in advance, but it's been know to be shorter.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just keep in mind that it's not so much YMMV as YMWDV. What's true today may or may not (but almost definitely won't) be true tomorrow. CNATRA uses A-Pool as the Master Control Valve for the whole Program.

Certainly can understand that it's frustrating for an eager young Ensign to be sitting around when you're chomping at the bit, but sitting around for several months at the start is much better than the start-stop-start-stop students went through not so long ago.

mfk534

So... SNAs graduating from OCS in the near future will likely be waiting it out a bit before going to API, or not so much? Sorry, I only recongize about half of these acronyms. I know fluctuation is the rule and not the exception, but does anyone know what the pipeline looks like right now?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
So... SNAs graduating from OCS in the near future will likely be waiting it out a bit before going to API, or not so much? Sorry, I only recongize about half of these acronyms. I know fluctuation is the rule and not the exception, but does anyone know what the pipeline looks like right now?

Your Mileage May Vary (YMMV) vs. Your Mileage Will Definately Vary (YMWDV)

mfk534

Wow, I know it can change but THANK YOU for sharing what you know!
So, generally speaking, OHARP while waiting?

Th3HumbleMuffin

Blunt-force method
OHARP? wat? Here's what I've been doing in A-pool:

Work out, sleep, Flounder's, sleep, work out, golf, Flora-Bama, sleep, Seville, Intermission, Hellen Back, Hopjack's, sleep, xbox, work out, beach, golf, Jellyfish ($1 wells if you can stomach them) and the occasional quick read of API pubs posted on the CNATRA website.

mfk534

Officer Hometown Recruiting Program.... I guess the alternative to A-pool? Instead of waiting in Pensacola, you wait wherever your recruiter is based.

Are you charging leave while you're in A-pool?

Th3HumbleMuffin

Blunt-force method
As far as I know as soon as you get commissioned, you might get some basket leave but then its straight down here. December grads are down here and in DIVOLC/IFS right now. I haven't heard of anybody doing recruiting. We are not on leave in A-pool, and we accrue the standard 2 days/mo.