• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How does rep points work?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Like I said before ... I'd scrap the whole "rep" thing. It's an ego trip for too many and others might be moved to jump off a high bridge.

BUT ... if you're going to have it --- put the "Top Ten" list back on the website home page like it used to be ... otherwise ... what's the point ???

Back-in-the-day, everyone was on the "Greenie Board" ... only the Top Ten were on the "Top Ten" list ... hmmmmm ..... wonder why it was called that .... ???? :)

va-46%20greenie%20board-web1.jpg

The McCain on that Greenie Board, is that John McCain of Congressional fame?

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
I see a "Donahue" up on the wall. I had a professor at ERAU with that last name and he was also a Naval Aviator. Does a Charles Pat Donahue ring a bell???

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
You may have that backwards.

The legend of McCain is enhanced by flying with A4s.

Sounds like a Chuck Norris Joke to me.

If Chuck Norris jumps in the water he does not get wet; the water gets Chucked.

Speaking of which, why doesnt Chuck Norris have any hair on his balls?

Hair doesnt go on steel.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Holy crap. One more addition to be made to the legend of A4sForever: He flew with John McCain.
[extreme threadjack -- but to answer a question]

Naaaaaaaa .... and before someone catches fire here .... McCain is about 10 years my senior. Had we flown together --- I would have been sitting on his lap. :confused::eek:

But that IS his name on the "Greenie Board" in VA-46. For some reason, McCain seems to be lacking in traps compared to the rest of the squadron. The guy two above him, Fred White, is more interesting. There are at least two differing opinions concerning which A-4 was struck by the Zuni rocket that originated from an F-4. The commonly accepted version is that John McCain's A-4 (#416) was struck by the Zuni rocket that started the fire. A very dramatic story ... and that's his story.

However, a according to the "Manual of the Judge Advocate General Basic Final Investigative Report Concerning the Fire on Board the USS Forrestal
(CVA-59)", a 7,500 page report:

QUOTE: "A review of this voluminous material contained in the Report of Investigation establishes the central fact that a ZUNI rocket was inadvertently fired from an F-4 aircraft (#110) and struck the external fuel tank of an A-4 aircraft (#405) of LCDR Fred White..." UNQUOTE

(note: LCDR White died that day and was obviously never interviewed -- A4s)

So there you have it: the two scenarios regarding the senior Senator from Arizona and his VA-46 A-4 on 29 July, 1967. He crossdecked to the Oriskany and VA-163 and flew into his date with destiny.

Two of my TRACOM Instructors (furloughed airline pilots-turned Instructors ) did fly with McCain, however.

They had some interesting stories about the Admirals' kid.

Don't ask ... 'cause I won't tell .... ;)

[/extreme threadjack]

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sounds like a Chuck Norris Joke to me.

If Chuck Norris jumps in the water he does not get wet; the water gets Chucked.

Speaking of which, why doesnt Chuck Norris have any hair on his balls?

Hair doesnt go on steel.

There are those who worship Chuck, but Chuck is a movie star with many body guards....

A4s is for real and only those truly enlightened ones like Harrier Dude realize the reality of his greatness

This is an enlightened statement:

Harrier Dude said:
You may have that backwards.

The legend of McCain is enhanced by flying with A4s.