• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How does rep points work?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Question about rep power: it used to say I had 4 points, now it says 3. WTF?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Certainly a worthy goal to aspire to, but one must realize the lofty level he occupies. First, you must recognize that you are a mere mortal with much to learn in life and on AW and that you cannot begin to even conceive the zen level of immortal being that is A4s. Chuck Norris is a cartoonish character in comparison and some say even he has aspired to be like A4s.

kissass.jpg

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Just curious, but what's the deal with the stars? Why are some grey and some gold? And what are they for?

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Red Stars is for the allmighty Webmaster
Gold stars are a moderator/SuperModerator
Grey stars are for all other users

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Anybody that gets too wrapped around the axle about rep points needs some self-esteem work (not that you are one of "those guys")

That said, it'd be nice to be able to see other people's rep comments by clicking on their profile. Is that possible? Am I just too computer stupid to do that? Sometimes you see a guy with bad rep and wonder what it was he did/said and who thought it was so bad (or good). Rep points from Brett/HJ/A4s mean a lot more than College Guy or whoever.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I've been known to had out neg rep points to those that ask for rep....

I guess you'd be giving them what they asked for. They didn't ask for positive rep. Seriously, all it's good for is assessing somebody's credibility (to a degree). That's why it would be nice to see what was said (and by who) on somebody's rep.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Like I said before ... I'd scrap the whole "rep" thing. It's an ego trip for too many and others might be moved to jump off a high bridge.

BUT ... if you're going to have it --- put the "Top Ten" list back on the website home page like it used to be ... otherwise ... what's the point ???

Back-in-the-day, everyone was on the "Greenie Board" ... only the Top Ten were on the "Top Ten" list ... hmmmmm ..... wonder why it was called that .... ???? :)

va-46%20greenie%20board-web1.jpg

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Like I said before ... I'd scrap the whole "rep" thing. It's an ego trip for too many and others might be moved to jump off a high bridge.

BUT ... if you're going to have it --- put the "Top Ten" list back on the website home page like it used to be ... otherwise ... what's the point ???

Back-in-the-day, everyone was on the "Greenie Board" ... only the Top Ten were on the "Top Ten" list ... hmmmmm ..... wonder why it was called that .... ???? :)

va-46%20greenie%20board-web1.jpg

If you're going to do that, have it by the weeks or something. I doubt that the Top Ten would change very much. Maybe have a Bottom Ten or A$$hole of the week (like Hustler.......I've heard).