• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How do I rate?

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
I thin
Robert, opinions are what one gets when asking for advice on AW. Your 'advice' (opinion), may turn out to be right or wrong, that's immaterial. But to recommend that an applicant "not listen" to another member's opinion (twice), is simply arrogant. It happens that poster is very experienced in the Navy (recruiting), and you aren't even in yet.:eek:

1. A bit of humility will serve you well here, and in the program.
2. Always do your homework.
3.. Use discretion when 'dissing' someone online, it can backfire.:(

A sincere Happy New Year!;)
BzB
I think you guys are thinking I'm talking to inwait, but I was actually talking to Ryan Corniel. Wasn't trying to poke a hornets nest, I thought divo was talking to Ryan Corniel that's why I said, with his scores and GPA I would try for OCS.

So I really think this was a big misunderstanding, no disrespect to divo.

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
yea, why listen to a successful OR?

I agree, if you only want to be an officer don't enlist, but he was talking about needing to provide for his family, he may want to be an officer but if enlisting is needed to take care of family then he must do what he needs to do.

It is low, average would be a mix of 6 and 7's

Yes he would be committing and it is not even a toss up, it is a remote chance with those scores.

His GPA isn't going to change, that is THE MAIN FACTOR for non aviation jobs, maybe if he gets a QUALIFYING PFAR score that would give him a new option.
I wasn't talking to the OP I was talking to Ryan Corniel......

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
For the record I wouldn't completely discount the poster above you (DIVO) since he has 10 years in the Navy as an officer and currently serves as an OR. You on the other hand are currently a private pilot, a student and have 7 LORs........... Just saying

I wasn't talking about inwait.... I thought divo was talking to Ryan Corniel. This was a big misunderstanding.....

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
By all means if it came down to my family and their livelihood you bet I would enlist, that's if my dad wouldn't drag my ass out of the recruiters office again! :D

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would not listen to the poster above me!
Be that as it may, the poster "above me" was DIVO.;)
Exactly I wasn't try to offendDivo or inwait!
When your remarks/advice is directed toward a particular poster, enter a 'cite' box at the top of your post. That will eliminate any confusion as to who the post is directed to, 'nuf said.:)

*Come home, all is forgiven!:D
BzB

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
Be that as it may, the poster "above me" was DIVO.;)

When your remarks/advice is directed toward a particular poster, enter a 'cite' box at the top of your post. That will eliminate any confusion as to who the post is directed to, 'nuf said.:)

*Come home, all is forgiven!:D
BzB
Well I shouldn't have pointed fingers, and seriously I hope all is forgiven! :oops:

As you can see by my backtracking and numerous posts, I really was worried I had f***** up.

Anyway have a great new years, I have some leftover Christmas weight to get rid of!!!:rolleyes:

DIVO

There is nothing wrong with enlisting. It's a great job. Full benefits. And offers a different route to later apply for officer slots. Dual processing still allows for applying to the officer side, but also allows one to secure an enlisted job at the same time. Those enlisting can still wait up to a YEAR before they ship, so if you are looking Navy either way, doing it at the same time helps save time. There are also different options once enlisted to cross over. The enlisted to officer route will look at work performance and what you have accomplished in the navy more than GPA.

exNavyOffRec

There is nothing wrong with enlisting. It's a great job. Full benefits. And offers a different route to later apply for officer slots. Dual processing still allows for applying to the officer side, but also allows one to secure an enlisted job at the same time. Those enlisting can still wait up to a YEAR before they ship, so if you are looking Navy either way, doing it at the same time helps save time. There are also different options once enlisted to cross over. The enlisted to officer route will look at work performance and what you have accomplished in the navy more than GPA.

I think the problem is that too many OR's tell people if they go enlisted they won't have to worry about their GPA, but it is still there, there have been many on this site that have applied that are enlisted that aren't picked up that have been told if they are enlisted their GPA doesn't matter.

I have seen guys in the fleet that have applied that have had a very good GPA but their performance was marginal, so you can also shoot yourself in the foot.