• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How about that North Korea?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I see this thread has devolved into another political rant. Can we please get back to the subject matter? It was much more interesting. Yes, North Korea involves politics. However, unless I've missed something, generalizing about intelligence based on political affiliation and discussing rhetoric toward Latin America is jacking the thread.

Other than 'lil Kim apparently deciding not to lob a few missiles in the direction of Guam not much has happened lately. Unless you count the fact that in threatening Guam he caused thousands of Americans to look up where this Guam place was and why does it matter.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll echo the above. We're not going to war with NK. Nothing is going to happen other than rhetorical ejaculations on both sides. Write it down.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Other than 'lil Kim apparently deciding not to lob a few missiles in the direction of Guam not much has happened lately. Unless you count the fact that in threatening Guam he caused DOZENS of Americans to look up where this Guam place was and why does it matter.
FIFY. I think you overestimate the number looking up where Guam is.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The President just randomly introduced an 'option' that wasn't even on the table, and don't play like you are so naive to think he meant a NEO or anything else along those lines. As RLSO already mentioned, not really likely the President does nuance like that.

The sad irony is that this is a great boon for the Venezuelan leaders, who have long claimed that the US was out to get them militarily and now the Commander in Chief just confirmed that. Oh, and Latin America in general has an aversion to US military intervention for some reason....

Quit trying to make excuses, you are much smarter than that.
You are right. This president isn't so nuanced and darn sure not articulate. So if he meant invade or bomb like you seem to have gotten from crawling around inside his brain, then why didn't he say so? That is his straight talking non-nuanced inarticulate way, no? He didn't say so because he meant "options" and since he referenced the poor suffering people of Venezuela, yes I do think NEO and HA were among the options he had in mind. Not naivety, certainly not endorsement. But absolutely a reasonable understanding of what he said. I came to that conclusion because I am smart, and the fact Mr Trump was never my guy does not influence my opinion on this matter. That is why you haven't seen me in the Thunderdome. I don't respect an opinion that's foundation is first and always in hatred or love for the man.

I see this thread has devolved into another political rant. Can we please get back to the subject matter?
Yes please! I apologize for inadvertently walking into the hysteria surrounding anything Trump. I am done. Take it to the Thunderdome.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Chucky Jung has some nukes. But only for a relatively short period of time. Maybe he'll just play nice and leave the world alone.

Kim-Jong-un-Chucky-Doll.jpg

Hair Warrior

Contributor
They still haven't proven that one of their nukes can go on top a missile though.
Setting aside discussion of their missile capabilities, a 100kt nuke doesn't need to be delivered by missile to hold other countries at risk.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Setting aside discussion of their missile capabilities, a 100kt nuke doesn't need to be delivered by missile to hold other countries at risk.

The most viable and reliable threat to other countries would be nuke mounted on a missile, there is a good reason countries with nukes rely largely on missiles to deliver them above all other methods.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They still haven't proven that one of their nukes can go on top a missile though.
And if the first time they do is an attack...? What rule book says he must prove he has mastered the technology with tests from which the West can devine FMC?

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
I'm still waiting for someone to tell my what KJU has to gain by launching a pre-emptive attack. If his singular goal is to remain in power, then launching a pre-emptive strike does not serve that objective. The cat's out of the bag WRT nukes and ICBMs. Unless the US (with tacit agreement from China and Russia) decides to go "all in" (or in other words, full retard), then it might be time to come to grips with the fact that the fat kid has the bomb. The goal now should be to keep him from proliferating the technology any further than he already has.

In the mean time, I'll keep on eye out to see if USG evacuates civilians from ROK and Guam.

Last edited: