• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Housing Q's: "Exotic" Enid, OK

FLY_USMC

pilot
Vance's O-Club was outstanding, the turnout was spectacular and that's what makes an O-Club right?

FLY_USMC

pilot
Edited for harshness, if you think 200 people at an O-Club during a winging is boring.......then you're in for a very rude awakening.

HuggyU2

None
Do you Vance guys still go to Chicaro's? I haven't been there in about 3 years, but Gary always treats us right. Excellent beer, fine Scotch, and the food is great.

FLY_USMC

pilot
We went, I know for a while it was blacklisted because of some of the "cultural" aspects that Gary had a problem with, but the food was great and the pictures on the wall where worth the trip.

HuggyU2

None
Yeah, well there's more to the story than that. A previous Wing King made his place off limits, and the reputation has stuck. When you enter Gary's place, he expects you to remove your hat. He doesn't care what color your skin is,... just remove your hat. But if you want to start a ruckus and refuse, then expect him to tell you to get the hell out.
Now, throw in a "chip on the shoulder" syndrome from some student pilot,... add in a Wing King who has more in common with the student than he does with Gary,... and you've got a place the military doesn't want you to frequent.

DevilDog2

Any Updates to housing?

Two Marines checking in July 18th. Anyone hear of anything available. This is a nightmare trying to find something from Pcola.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Two Marines checking in July 18th. Anyone hear of anything available. This is a nightmare trying to find something from Pcola.

Don't you guys just need a lean-to and yer rucksack?!:D

Most of the guys in my class lived north of Wal-Mart...but there are some good places close to base. Sunridge was kind of ghetto to me, but it was all military so you at least had people you knew there. The apartments across from the mall (the oaks or indian point I think?) sucked, my buddy lived there and a lot of local trash lived there. The local realtors can hook you up with some good places, just avoid the northeast side (unless you like pickups on the lawn and trash in the street)

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor

That would be sunridge...the manager (at least when I left in April) was crazier than a shithouse rat. He would talk to prospective renters while he was taking a pissin the toilet with the door open...stuff like that. The houses my buddies lived in there had problems with brown recluses as well. It used to be really convenient to get to base from there until they restructured the front gate.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I lived just north of wal mart in a house that was old, cost 650 a month to rent, and nearly flooded every thunderstorm. oh, and the pet deposit for an already ruined house was 600 bones. Not too sure, but I really didn't think my dog could do 600 dollars worth of damage to the house if he had knocked it all the way down.

It was pretty much the only thing we could find when we moved to the 'nid. The location was fine, but the house was overpriced for what we got, which is par for the course for enid. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Yeah he seems like a real winner:

http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=9764682&catId=112032

What an asshole.

Yeah, well there's more to the story than that. A previous Wing King made his place off limits, and the reputation has stuck. When you enter Gary's place, he expects you to remove your hat. He doesn't care what color your skin is,... just remove your hat. But if you want to start a ruckus and refuse, then expect him to tell you to get the hell out.
Now, throw in a "chip on the shoulder" syndrome from some student pilot,... add in a Wing King who has more in common with the student than he does with Gary,... and you've got a place the military doesn't want you to frequent.