• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Housing Q's: "Exotic" Enid, OK

S3b_viking

I'm living in Slum Ridge right now and it's livable because it isn't the worst thing out here in Enid, but the quality isn't much. See what you can get out in town as far as houses go because there isn't really much of a yard for a dog here. It's better than an apartment and you can't really hear your neighbors, but the insulation and a lot of the construction really sucks. For houses, stay West of Van Buren street otherwise the housing office will deny your contract (which you apparently have to take to them) and not allow you to live there, and it's also the less desirable side of town. If you're coming here for Primary you'll love the T-6. :D

FLY_USMC

pilot
No we actually found the house through the base housing office. It was like $550/month was pretty average. Nothing new, probably 15-20 years old, but it had lots of room and a sweet yard. The property manager, Kim something, pretty much only rented to military, and managed properties for some old rich lady with the last name Kellet....just like the ball diamond<---the wife has a better memory than me. Look over in that area, they usually have some for rent over there. I couldn't warrant paying for rent in Slum Ridge, if I remember right, it was like $650/month which is kind of expensive for Enid.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Recommendation: have the mods move your thread to "Primary", rather than "Miscellaneous". Starting a thread in the better location will help you get the facts you want.

Good suggestion, so moved. It might help, but nothing can prevent a determined Thread-jacker.

STLEngineer

pilot
It's tough to find information about Vance, be it for primary or advanced. Is it too much trouble to have a Vance (or even E-6 maybe) forum? Even the caption associated with the primary forum says:

"Forum open to the discussion of events encompassed during Primary Training, either at NAS Whiting Field or NAS Corpus Christi."

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
It's tough to find information about Vance, be it for primary or advanced. Is it too much trouble to have a Vance (or even E-6 maybe) forum? Even the caption associated with the primary forum says:

"Forum open to the discussion of events encompassed during Primary Training, either at NAS Whiting Field or NAS Corpus Christi."
Then you aren't looking hard enough. I know there are a number of threads with lots of info about Vance. If you have found those, and still have questions, ask, there are several of us AF trained types around here.

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
Its pretty easy to find houses for rent with a realtor, most of my buddies have some decent shanties out in town. Learn the location of the following Callahans pub, Turkey Creek BBQ, Stillwater and Oklahoma city very quickly, you will be visiting them often!... 3 more flights... stupid ice storm...

BOMBSonHAWKEYES

pilot
make sure when you check in that you are actually entitled to live out in town, as some navy/mc studs aren't (just based on when you arrive and the occupancy of the dorms). Stay away from indian Oak apartment, and the one next to it, they are not worth the 310 rent I paid to stay there. I second turkey creek - go every thurs, friday, and saturday you can! And don't pay attention to the U2 guys, the navy will offer you better things.

S3b_viking

They don't require Navy guys to live in the dorms anymore. Some people do by their own choice, and most regret it, but they don't require us to live there anymore. If you're moving up here with a spouse, base housing isn't bad.

HuggyU2

None
They don't require Navy guys to live in the dorms anymore. Some people do by their own choice, and most regret it,
To each his own. I lived my entire year in the Q's, by my own choice. Only a few of us did and it it was great. Could literally be in the flight room in minutes, party hard at the Club (back then, everyone hit the Club on Friday, and it was a riot; I hear that may have changed); and generally BBQ'd every weekend with the other dorm rats. Great comraderie.
I saw little advantage to driving further, to have a scum infested pool, and live in an apartment complex where the cops were sure to be every weekend, breaking up a domestic disturbance.