• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Housing Q's: "Exotic" Enid, OK

STLEngineer

pilot
I saw an older thread about places to live in Enid, but the newest post was about a year old.

Anyone have any updates of good/bad facilities in the area? Are there decent houses for rent?

Also, are there any other students heading to Vance (primary or advanced) in the next month or so that are looking for a room-mate?

Thanks!

HuggyU2

None
Also, are there any other students heading to Vance (primary or advanced) in the next month or so that are looking for a room-mate?
Hey shipmate: is this some sort of pickup line that y'all use on the boat? If going to Vance, remember it's a USAF base. Unlike the boat, we don't tolerate gay sex. :icon_smil

FLY_USMC

pilot
The Q is nice and close if you don't have SHIAT for stuff of your own. Slum Ridge was nice if you like the whole townhome, living next to someone thing, but they're a bit overpriced. I lived N. of Wal-Mart by about 1/4 mile, 3 BR, 2 Bath, probably 15 years old or so, with a 2 car garage and a nice fenced in yard for the dog. I enjoyed being close to everything and only like 6 minutes to base.

STLEngineer

pilot
The Q won't work, I have a good sized dog. I may look into the other place, is it really "Slum Ridge"? Thanks.

STLEngineer

pilot
Hey shipmate: is this some sort of pickup line that y'all use on the boat? If going to Vance, remember it's a USAF base. Unlike the boat, we don't tolerate gay sex. :icon_smil

Way to jack a thread before it even gets started.

Thanks for the help, I wasn't trying to ask a serous question or anything.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Way to jack a thread before it even gets started.

Thanks for the help, I wasn't trying to ask a serous question or anything.
Whoa take a chill pill, man. He's just joking around like most of us do now and then. You've gotten some serious answers here so far. I would offer my experience, but I lived on base, so that's not much help.

STLEngineer

pilot
Whoa take a chill pill, man. He's just joking around like most of us do now and then. You've gotten some serious answers here so far. I would offer my experience, but I lived on base, so that's not much help.

I don’t mind jokes, but when someone jacks a thread from the start, the odds I’ll get serious answers to my question go down. That’s why I was frustrated, sorry.

HuggyU2

None
Recommendation: have the mods move your thread to "Primary", rather than "Miscellaneous". Starting a thread in the better location will help you get the facts you want.

For my own knowledge: you ask if anyone is going to Vance for "primary or advanced". There is no "advanced" training for Navy pilots there, right? Y'all PCS back to a Navy base after Primary, don't you?

FLY_USMC

pilot
THREADJACKING:

The primary way cool things are discovered on AirWarriors
Now THAT'S funny.

I would say the majoriy of people I knew at Vance lived in the Q or Slum Ridge...called Sun Ridge Apartments. But remember, the majority of the Air Farce guys are barely 22, fresh out of college, first job they've EVER had was/is learing how to fly a plane. They own absolutely nothing of their very own, and prefer to live in an almost furnished Q. ME, I own a metric ton of crap, have a 150lb slobbering mut, and a wife who absolutely HAS to have a kitchen with more cabinet space next time we move:)

I liked where I lived, my buddies who crashed their all the time liked where I lived. I'm a house kind of guy, apartments absolutely DO NOT work for me anymore. FYI, if you go out the Vance's flightline gate, go left, follow the road around you'll pass a baseball diamond. The name of the diamond...which I can't remember...was my landlord...her properties were mangaged by another lady and she was awesome. Turn West just past the diamond and follow it all the way to the end. Almost to Wal-Mart and almost to where I lived. Arrowhead drive was the street. Good luck, it's Sunday morning, and I'm bored.

UPDATE: Actually no Huggy, a lot of the Vance Navy guys that didn't do well enough for the pointy nose will stay there and go through Phase III with the Chair Force in the T-1.....assuming they got the E-6 Mercury or the mighty P-3. We Marines, we always leave. I've posted my view on Vance many times before so I won't do it again, but in short, I enjoyed it and really like the way the Chair Force did things out of the cockpit with assignment nights and winging parties and the such, other stuff was gay, but it was an overall positive experience.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Almost to Wal-Mart....almost where I lived.

You almost lived at Wal-Mart...did you watch Where the Heart is too much?

beb7adb7-b751-473a-a187-4ca17596c031.jpg

FLY_USMC

pilot
Me and Wal-Mart go way back...you do know they sell walls there don't you? Anyone, Anyone?

STLEngineer

pilot
FLY USMC,

I take it you rented a house, then? A yard would be great for my dog. Did you find it through a real estate agent? I'm not having much luck with finding stuff on the internet.