• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Housing advice for API/ Primary

Jen

Wife of a Growler stud
I have to confirm what the hubby has said, Heritage is not a place that I would rent from again. We really haven't had many issues (and I wouldn't call it a dump!) other than the air conditioner. It is, however, a little ridiculous that it's freaking 80 degrees in our apartment and our electric bill is over $150 for a two bedroom apartment!

phrogpilot73

(-)Some idiot did the electricity wiring around here and the bathroom blower and light is one switch.
Actually, that's not entirely uncommon. Every apartment I lived in prior to buying my first house (5 total) did this. I actually thought it was code, until I bought my house.

Don't know about that apartment complex - but I lived in two while in P-Cola. Lamplighter is a dump, but at least the management company wasn't shady. Creekside was in much better shape, and the management company was great! Of course, all of this may have changed in the 6 years I've been out of Pensacola.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Countrywood @ Blue Angel... looks nice... run by idiots...

Use the search to find one of my many rants on the place... but needless to say it confirmed my desire to NEVER live in an apartment again thanks to the sheer idiocy of the management.

The only good thing I can say about it is that they were generous and didn't totally rip us off on the security deposit refund check.

I still feel bad about having recommended it to some people before the trouble started.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
So you need help picking out a trailer? :)
Nah, I didn't have some superb!tch take all my money. Yet.

I debated doing the sailboat thing but the logistics just didn't work out, especially living in Milton.

What's your long term plan with that thing anyway? You gonna live in it until you retire?

MasterBates

At least living in it through my "SuperJO" tour, and Disassociated tour if I have one.

My last $1900 alimony check is due 1 APR 2011

So basically, at least another 4-5 years.
Another 12-18 months between here, Krock, and the RAG
3 year super JO tour in a C2 squadron (E2 if Goober and Vette get their way)
Then if I do a disassociated tour, or a short shore tour, I'll probably keep it thought that and my DH tour, if I make it that far.

If I got to Japan, I'll probably sell it or put it in storage at my parents farm.

Rg9

pilot
lots of words...
Buy a window a/c unit. You can get a new one for pretty cheap, and it'll be more efficient. If you're already dumping a lot into your electric bill, you'll probably save money in the long run.

I'm glad we didn't go with that place... Jamestown Apt's was ok, but they had a/c problems as well.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I've done my fair share of house hunting so here's what I've found:
Outside the back gate is the best, the area is much nicer and much less crowded. You can get to Johnson's Beach on Perdido Key quickly as well as the base. You're a little further from downtown Pensacola and Pensacola beach, but it's not too bad. Innerarity Point has several really nice places that cost a bit but can be cut down by sharing with someone. I live on the golf course out here and the neighborhood is great (old people so its safe), but check the covenant before you move in since they can be restrictive.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
Get a couple of friends and rent a house out the back gate. I've only been in town a couple of weeks but so far its been great. Its less than five miles out to Perdido Key/Johnson's Beach for a nice morning run. Four miles to Sherman Field. My whole neighborhood (Emerald Shores, which is apparently the only neighborhood in P'Cola without a child molestor) is military with the exception of a few sheriffs deputies. Perdido Kids Park is right down the street and is one of the nicest I have ever seen. Oh yeah and the Blue Angels practice right over the house!

p.s. so far PensacolaHomeRentals.net (aka Waddell and Assoc.) seem like very good property managers so far...but its only been a few weeks. Almost went with Beumer but I heard bad things and they seemed like retards.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I'm renting a house up in Marcus Pointe and it's incredible. Everyone who comes by is impressed. It's a little extra money but well worth it.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
The unit is "working" because it will only provide no less than 10 and no more than 20 degrees difference than it is outside

The upside to this for SNAs is that this is perfect for getting you acclimated to summertime in the T-34.

Rothman

pilot
I lived in Governor's Gate and it was okay. I didn't care for the management, especially Willie; I thought she was a little smug to be P'cola. We did get almost all of our security deposit back. It was worth living there just because that's where just about everyone from my TBS company moved. A lot of guys didn't renew thier leases, though, which I think says a lot.

phrogpilot73

I lived in Governor's Gate and it was okay. I didn't care for the management, especially Willie; I thought she was a little smug to be P'cola. We did get almost all of our security deposit back. It was worth living there just because that's where just about everyone from my TBS company moved. A lot of guys didn't renew thier leases, though, which I think says a lot.
I had some friends that lived in Governor's Gate, and I thought it was pretty nice. However, I'm always wary of a management company when I hear that people don't get their full security deposit back. In my apartment life, I got my full security deposit back all but one time. And that was the time I got sued. Long story, but don't rent from Villages of Aquia in Stafford, VA!

Hell, at Creekside - I got my full security deposit back and they even removed the old couch from my back porch for me for free, because I had cleaned the apartment well enough that they didn't have to hire a company to come in and clean it. Like I said, that was a great management company.

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
Two words: Governor's Gate.

Kinda pricey, but with another ENS as a roomate, it's well worth it.

The scenery's not bad around the pool either.. God bless UWF...:D

Screw that, just get the code for the gate and go use the pool. People do it all the time. The management leaves a lot to be desired, they have treated me pretty poorly in the last few days, not being rude, but just not having any sense of service to work with me to resolve this problem. Not returning calls, no willingness to find a way to help me out. GG is nice, clean, but I wouldn't recommend living there.