• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

House passes aviation safety bill in response to Buffalo crash

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The tilt rotor guys wing with us so they most likely could come back to VT-35 (TC-12s).

Unless a few instructions get rewritten, I don't think tilt guys can come back as HT IPs (need a HAC designation for that,* and for HAC you need to meet r/w hour requirements). So it looks like VT or VT-P for now.

*I can't remember the reference off the top of my head

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
MB - depends on the airline. At Hawaiian you would be fine as we don't have a ME Turbine PIC requirement (just total time and ME time) and we have a lot of former mil helo drivers. SWA, forget about it. Any regional you would be golden if you are willing to work for the BS pay (hopefully this new requirement will drive their pay up but I doubt it). Probably at about half the majors you would meet minimums too.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Some are Teamsters too. Sky West is not union.

Strangely, on my latest trip(more regionals than majors) I had a greater perception of competence and safety with the Skywest flights than with any other. Again, perception.

Btw, 2 hours in row 1 on a Beech 1900 sorta blows.