• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

He's Baaaaaaaaaaack.......

shimbo

SSgt Wright aka "the Black Devil" aka "the Black Hedgehog" aka...etc. It was funny as heck when he would do the Lil Jon, "YEEEeAAAAAHHH!" and "WWWHHAAAAAAT!"

CUBoulder

Milk Is For Babies...I Drink Beer
Anyone know of Gunnery Sgt. Pettis. He broke two foot lockers on pickup. When the corpman called me to an emergency medical call the night of pickup I got the classic. "You better be dying or I am going to f*cking kill you myself"

ColdSteel

You can't spell lost without Lt.
I remember Wright, here's the quote which made me just lose myself....

"I would rather go to a mall and sh#t on myself, than be you candidate."

Raptor2216

I'm sitting here chuckling at these pictures, and I feel their pain but it was an experience and I don't regret it. I especially feel for the candidate in picture 19 there, he's definately going to be on the watch list. Good times!

Xeo111

Just got back from Echo Co 1st inc with SSgt Wright. I'll have you all know, right now, he singled ME out big time.
"Tedescuh!!! (He liked mispronouncing everyone's names, apparently) You gonna be as black as me! You gonna be my MINI-ME! Cammie up!!" And so it went for IMC, Fireteam in the O, and Squad in the O. I had to be as black as he was, and he'd call me over: "Hey Mini-Me, where you at?! Cover ground!" And I'd come limping over, "Aaaaaye StaaaaSaaaarrrrr!" And he'd just look at me, give me an approving nod, and point for me to get back in formation.

This kept up until Company XO Capt. Lizarraga saw me and was all "Candidate, that's out of control!" I think he had a chat with the good SSgt afterwards.

But I'll tell you what, SSgt Wright motivated the hell out of me on the final PFT and I managed to knock down a minute and a half off my run time. That was cool as hell.

Man, the stories we have... Who else here is just returning from 1st inc?

Xeo111

pic 19 showes one particularly unfortunate candidate who seems to have been separated from the herd. He's furiously trying to gather up his gear while being assaulted by two drill instructors (looks like GySgt Tirado and SSgt Escobar). Generally, everyone is refering to the pickup pictures at the OCS website (www.ocs.usmc.mil - go to Family information, Echo Company 1st increment, pickup). The original picture is of Sergeant Instructor Staff Sergeant Wright, who, for reasons that would be made clear the instant you met him, is one of the more memorable SI's on Brown Field.

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
ColdSteel said:
I remember Wright, here's the quote which made me just lose myself....

"I would rather go to a mall and sh#t on myself, than be you candidate."

lol, i think that is the funniest DI quote i have ever heard in my life!

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Xeo111 said:
pic 19 showes one particularly unfortunate candidate who seems to have been separated from the herd. He's furiously trying to gather up his gear while being assaulted by two drill instructors (looks like GySgt Tirado and SSgt Escobar).

Roger that on the ID of the two staff members. Unfortunately neither of them finished with the platoon. It was like a fricking revolving door with the staff down there in 1st platoon. Imagine the glee of the candidates for that week that they had THREE Sergeant Instructors.

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
Seriously, SI's were dropping like flies during 1st increment. 1st platoon had an almost entirely different staff by the 2nd week and in third platoon we lost one of our SIs in week 2. Lets you know how tough the cycle can be on the instructors as well. I'll tell you this though: hearing the trash that came out of SSgt Wrights mouth made it more than worth being there. I remember one time in the candidate PX, he cornered me: he, the company XO and I had a 20 minute debate on the pros of using Axe around the squadbay. It was just such an odd experience, as anyone who has dealt with Wright can attest. One of the most motivating men down there, once you get past that initial hurricane.

"Cover ground!"

"Louuuder!!"

Xeo111

corpsocgmu said:
It was just such an odd experience, as anyone who has dealt with Wright can attest. One of the most motivating men down there, once you get past that initial hurricane.

No kidding. Imagine having a discussion with him, SSgt Wyble, and GySgt Noonan (Instructor of the increment, err err) about lama meat, goat cheese, and Rasputin. :confused:

And yeah, motivating as hell. Just have to survive the initial onlslaught (which lasts about 5 weeks :D )

Raptor2216

Why was the staff dropping like flies? I thought all of the summer staff is only here for the summer increments.