• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Here is something you don't see everyday

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
second photo in the thread, looks like on-speed indexer and green chevron are illuminated. The first photo looks like he is showing a fast. Are we talking about different pics?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
second photo in the thread, looks like on-speed indexer and green chevron are illuminated. The first photo looks like he is showing a fast. Are we talking about different pics?

Of course, this is all conjecture, but the first pic looks like all the lights are out. Since he presumably has WOW, that would make sense (at least that's what my jet does). Second pic looks like a red light is on, but again, the angle makes it hard to be sure. Maybe you've got the green tint kicked up on your monitor? ;)

Brett

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Super Etendard

How about a larger view of Super Etendard to settle the question?

070412-N-7498L-018.jpg

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Brett,
I agree with you after looking again. I was confusing the red for an amber. I'm pretty sure you only get the green/amber red/amber in the cockpit and the approach indexers are either or (1 unit buffer that paddles cant see, only shows paddles the full on fast or slow) so that totally discredits my first post. Rookie mistake to be sure.

SMILE4BULLETS

Raptor, thanks. I thought that was what I was supposed to be looking for, since it was the only red I could see, just didnt know for sure.

sweet wingtip vortices too, might i add

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
They were done hook up, with the wires stripped so there is no way they could trap.
We don't have launch and recovery bulletins for their jets (except the E-2C of course) so we would take no risk of catching them.

Also a couple of years ago we crossdecked an E-2C to their carrier. The French had the new jet shown above in their "hangar" but wouldn't let us near it to photograph it. So they may still be touchy about it and security as well.

Yep, my squadron on the OEF cruise (2001/2). Touch and goes by theirs on Stennis, trap/cat by ours on their boat. Had pics of it but NFI where they are now.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The caption to the original picture in the thread (Thanks for the links Chief):

070412-N-8157C-542 ARABIAN SEA (April 12, 2007) - A French Rafale from the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier French Navy Ship Charles de Gaulle (R 91) performs a touch-and-go on the flight deck of the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74).

Guess I really was all AFU......

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I found this link.... Their shooters have little green flags.

Followed by on their carrier.