• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helos or Jets

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
If your going to pick a community based on the amount of hours you are going to get for the airlines- do not pick P-3s. Gone are the days of 40hr months on the homecycle and 1800hr first tours. The norm that I've seen on homecycle is typically between 15-20hrs a month (pilot time). High hours guys are leaving with approx 1300hrs- the norm is closer to 1000hrs. Of course there are exceptions to this depending on how many deployments/surges you get, and where you get sent to. For example. I got about 350 on my first deployment, and know others who got 100 (in 7 months) and mid 400s. All 3 of us were on different deployments. I've also had a couple of 8hr months on the home cycle as well. Its hit or miss really.

How long are your missions? 1000 hours in a tour means an average of a little over 20 hours/month. If your missions are as long as I thought they were, that means you're flying maybe once a week (4-6 hours/hop?). I don't know, just asking.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
How long are your missions? 1000 hours in a tour means an average of a little over 20 hours/month. If your missions are as long as I thought they were, that means you're flying maybe once a week (4-6 hours/hop?). I don't know, just asking.

Just to clarify, I meant closer to 1000hrs Total Pilot Time (including flight school etc)...

Homecycle- Crew Training Flights (CTFs) are typically 5-6.5hrs long depending. Those generally have three pilots on board so we'll log 2/3 of that pilot time.

Dedicated Field Work flights (DFWs) can are about 2.5-5 hours long depending on two pilots or three. If its 2 pilots each logs the flight duration, or if 3 pilots each upgrader will get 2.5 while the IP/PPC gets 5.

Depending on what combination of CTFs and DFWs, you can get 15-20 hrs in 5 or 6 flights a month.

Minimum Pilot Proficiency training requirements are 15hrs/month (or 45hrs every 90 days) until you are PPC with 1000hrs then it drops to 10hrs/month (or 30 every 90 days). There are many times on the homecycle where you only make mins for the month (or 90 days).

MasterBates

I have 2-3 month gaps sometimes in my logbook with a shat ton of flying in August/Sep to make the 100/year minimum.

FLM is the DEVIL!

MasterBates

Fatigue Life Management

Limited SH-60Bs to XX hours per month depending on their age.

Made it so unless you were on cruise, or working up, you didn't fly much.