• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo SNA Medical Attrition; switch to Intel?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If that doesn't work, I think Intel is the way to go. I've been offered a PAO slot, but I want to try my first two choices at least before I commit.
Curious, but how'd you get offered a PAO slot? That's rather difficult to get for people who actually want it.

GeorgiaDawg

I'm not sure why, but I think it has more to do with a lot of slots available for the PAO school rather than anything about me. It's not a bad deal; I just want to hold out a little bit longer.

GeorgiaDawg

Intel vs. PAO

I spoke with a JAG detailer today about the possibilities of getting into JAG through the LEP. She said that among GPA and the LSAT, the next important item the board looks at is fitreps. If I went before the board now, I will only have NOB fitreps. The best I could hope for would be some letters from my current command plus maybe some comments on the back of my latest fitrep. In other words, when it comes to fitreps, I will be lacking against the competition.

Therefore, I am going to have to choose between Intel/PAO, and then maybe in a few years try for JAG (if I am still interested). While I would rate Intel over PAO for myself, I am concerned that my current medical status is going to limit my Intel career. According to my cardiologist, I will not be able to recieve orders outside of the US, at least for a couple of years until my condition is considered stable and not an immediate threat. It may even be permanent.

So, if I can't go overseas anytime soon, is this going to hurt my promotion chances years from now? I would love to do Intel, but I don't won't to go into it knowing that I won't have many opportunities for advancement. Any thoughts?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Something to think about asking is putting yourself out of NOB. If you're currently LIMDU (which is a way the command can hold onto you while you're waiting), they might be able to move you to a different UIC. If you're not LIMDU, it might even be easier. If you move to a Staff UIC (wing or squadron), then you could get at least one FITREP.

Might not work, but could be worth looking at.