• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helo or Jet/Tailhook, that is (my) question as Selection approaches

MasterBates

Sadly, it's not just TACAIR that's getting the borg treatment.
Lets face it, in about 10 years we're gonna have about 4 planes.

18's in various flavors
-2s in Station Wagon and Tour Bus models
60s for helos
737s

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Sadly, it's not just TACAIR that's getting the borg treatment.
Lets face it, in about 10 years we're gonna have about 4 planes.

18's in various flavors
-2s in Station Wagon and Tour Bus models
60s for helos
737s

To which I defer again to the last line of the mission statement.

9. Finally, and this is the bottom line, real men fly strike because they understand the most fundamental law of wartime: you negotiate with the enemy only with your knee in his chest and your knife at his throat.

I played the game all through primary, "oh you know I just don't know, I'll be happy to fly anything" knowing full well I wanted grey pointy nose jets with tailhooks. I wanted to join that club, and be at the front line, supporting the guys on the ground when they need it most (USMC guys can go Helos AND do this with Cobras).

Congrats to highdimension for being the latest to go tailhook, and join the pipeline that will be the greatest time of your life.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
[/B][/U]I played the game all through primary, "oh you know I just don't know, I'll be happy to fly anything" knowing full well I wanted grey pointy nose jets with tailhooks.

That's weak and I know studs do it. Say what you want and if an IP has a problem with it, shame on him or her. A stud should set his goals and let it be known if asked. Just don't be cocky about it. I'm guilty of pushing tailhook all the time though not necessarily E2/C2. Want to be tip of the spear, put bombs on target, maybe one day kill a Mig, go Hornets. Want to be a tailhooker who drinks beer and gets laid every night, go COD's. Want to be a frustrated jet jock who makes life miserable for others, go E-2's (MB, you're excluded from that).

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
That's weak and I know studs do it. Say what you want and if an IP has a problem with it, shame on him or her.

While I whole heartedly agree with you, the reality was that there were IP's in T-34 land when I was there, that had a chip on their shoulder, and wanting jets = cocky and you thought you were better than them. They would bury you and all the students knew it. I still remember some of their names, and the said thing is, they were the shittiest pilots/ip's.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
While I whole heartedly agree with you, the reality was that there were IP's in T-34 land when I was there, that had a chip on their shoulder, and wanting jets = cocky and you thought you were better than them. They would bury you and all the students knew it. I still remember some of their names, and the said thing is, they were the shittiest pilots/ip's.

It's unfortunate and I know of some of them now. I think some of the studs know our reps and know when to be honest and when to just go with the flow.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Congrats to highdimension for being the latest to go tailhook, and join the pipeline that will be the greatest time of your life.

You can thank myself and MIDNJAC and some others for convincing him that TH is the way to go, or else he would be in helo land now.

And Im gonna give a big wassup out to Mr. PhrogShoesWifesHusbandWhoFlysPhrogsAndShowsUpATheOClubWhichIsAwesomeAndGoesOutInPColaWithHisTuckedInPoloShirtInHisJeansWhichIRespect.

I hope thats enough...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Also what are the ruels on drunk posts? I don't know if i ever saw a sticky on that. Tear.
The only drunk-post rule (sic) is to spell-check ... then the AW masses won't "know" that you are drunk ... they will just think you are stupid. :)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Fighter Attack Guy is something you'll only hear from non-Tacair types.
Actually I first heard it on TR from all the non-Hornet guys in the airwing. I was told by CAG Fallon (ADM Fallon retired) it was a join tagging by the A-6 and F-14 communities when the FAGs started claiming they went "both ways equally well".

But that was when you were still in diapers and hadn't yet figured out your sexual preference. I'm sure you had a Barbie sitting in your GI Joe jet. And since there are now more FAG squadrons in the airwing then anything else, I guess you can say whatever you want with the majority agreeing to you rewriting history.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
The only drunk-post rule (sic) is to spell-check ... then the AW masses won't "know" that you are drunk ... they will just think you are stupid. :)

I think I would rather the AW masses know I was drunk rather than stupid. Drunkenness is only a temporary state of mind, whereas stupidity is a way of life. :icon_wink

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None

Yeah, and again, I've only ever heard it said by P-3, Helo and other non-Tacair types. I'm not rewriting history, but you're making my case getting all defensive about it.

popcorn.gif

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I think I would rather the AW masses know I was drunk rather than stupid. Drunkenness is only a temporary state of mind, whereas stupidity is a way of life. :icon_wink

If you play it right ... you can do both ... permanente. :)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Yeah, and again, I've only ever heard it said by P-3, Helo and other non-Tacair types. I'm not rewriting history, but you're making my case getting all defensive about it.
I'm not getting defensive. I'm just setting the record straight for the younger generation. Want some seasoning for that popcorn?

popcornflavors.jpg